1 9.09%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Sideswipe

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to that as I don't own that figure. I'm sure Goktimus does and maybe he will let me try out the swap when I see him next.
    Cool thanks. let me know how it goes
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Henkei Lambor has a small screw on the back of the head and Siege Sideswipe does not, so it doesn't appear to be obviously swappable to me. I'm not game to try and pop Tha_Phantom's Sideswipe's head off of its ball joint or he might never lend me any of his toys again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Henkei Lambor has a small screw on the back of the head and Siege Sideswipe does not, so it doesn't appear to be obviously swappable to me. I'm not game to try and pop Tha_Phantom's Sideswipe's head off of its ball joint or he might never lend me any of his toys again in the future.
    Oh I would, but as compensation maybe you could buy me a Liokaiser limb this time.

I’m in a tricky spot as I have Universe Sideswipe, which is a great toy, but this guy looks really good. I have Henkei Sunstreaker to match altmodes with Sideswipe too, which makes it even harder. The new Countach thingy looks rad too.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I love the transformation, but his weapons SUCK. The missile should be white. Shapeways to the rescue?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    The missile should be white.
    If I were Hasbro right now, I'd release a Red Alert repaint later with a white missile. <evil.laff> Or you could just paint it white yourself.

I prefer the look of Siege Sideswipe's weapon for the G1 accuracy and versatility in being able to split into 2 weapons, but I prefer how Henkei Lambor's gun is incorporated into the vehicle mode and becomes the exhaust pipes. Siege Sideswipe's weapons just attach to the vehicle mode, which I understand works for the whole "War for Cybertron" theme that they're going for, but I personally prefer the "robots in disguise" motif.

Seeing it in person I was a little disappointed by the creamy plastic colour to what I expected to be white. Looks good otherwise.

This is a great little figure. I purchased it on a whim and these are my thoughts.

- Vehicle mode is well sculpted. It's like the lovechild of a Countach and K's car from Blade Runner 2049. I always love to see painted headlights and hubcaps, but I would like to have seen the tail lights picked out and the black paint on the doors handled better. These apps sort of bleed into the black plastic window. Is there a trick to getting the legs to lock in to the front half of the vehicle so they don't keep rising slightly?

- Transformation is intuitive. It's a small scale version of MP-12, which is great to see. A touch I particularly like is the tail bumper folding into the back of the knees so you get a deep knee bend unblocked by kibble.

- Robot mode is a highlight. It is proportionally strong, posable, and stable. Something I love about this figure is the way that all the car parts get sucked back into a very slim sleek robot mode. Sometimes I find figures that use ye olde car hood becomes chest transformation end up with a bloated chest that the robot arms can barely reach beyond. None of that here! The forearms are hollow, but it's not as bad as it first looked. They're largely filled in as the hands don't need to fold all the way in for vehicle mode, so it gets a pass for that from me.

- Excellent QC. Everything is at the precise perfect level of tightness.

- It's kind of small. I don't really care. It's a dense figure that is not simple by any means.

A pleasant surprise. The only reason I picked this up was because Hound wasn't available at my local Toyworld, and I am glad that I did.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The reason I purchased this one is because he can be combined with the Cog add-ons.

Boy, did I get some serious bang for my buck. I have MP Sideswipe and know where you guys are coming from and therefore recommend this Siege version to anyone who baulks at the price of the MP version.

P.S. I know a lot of you hate the battle damage paint job but I have to love it courtesy of the SS Grimlock. It reminds me of the extra effort found on those horribly expensive third-party Transformers (good to see Hasbro trying to catch up).

SS Grimlock is more weathering rather than try-hard battle damage. The "battle damage" on Siege toys aren't even consistently applied throughout the toy (which I'm grateful for as it makes it easier to remove!). Siege Sideswipe looks like he's been shot in the crotch by Homer Simpson's make-up shot gun loaded with silver paintballs.

SS Grimlock's weathering is at least applied throughout the toy and not in isolated areas. Cos I find that some collectors who love this damage look are then augmenting it by finishing off the job by hand painting the whole toys themselves, and others like me who hate it who then go to town with the rubbing alcohol to get it off. Honestly, I'd rather they just give us clean looking toys. People who prefer the damage can add it themselves (they're doing it anyway thanks to the inconsistent application).