Thread: Hong Kong Milk Magazine Voyager Optimus competition

Default Hong Kong Milk Magazine Voyager Optimus competition

I had thought that I had mentioned this somewhere when the competition was running, but might just be remembering the Milk Magazine's 2011 Deluxe Optimus competition. (or I just can't find the news posting)

Well, the Hong Kong fashion magazine called "Milk" (trendy magazines have such weird names), had been running another Transformers movie toy competition... this time for the Voyager Evasion Optimus toy, with hand-painted "dirt" so that it is Gen1 red, but old like in the movie (which was instead a white truck).

Anyway, it seems that the competition is over, and word is that there may have only been three of these.
    A gallery of one has been shown here, with four of the seven other Voyager Optimus decos that have so far been released (Hasbro regular, Evolutions, JP ToysRUs Rusty, JP Expo Nemesis - missing Platinum, JP Advanced & Breakout Scene).
    The Milk Magazine version in robot mode certainly looks like a toy found in the backyard sandpit after about 10 years... so I think the truck mode is probably the better looking mode.

This is probably my favourite mould of the TF4 toys (because of the alt-mode), so I'm not liking that, so far only one of the eight is a general release figure here, with the others being costly (or hard to get) exclusives.
    I may not ever get this one, or the JP Nemesis version (based on the prices on ebay so far), but am keen to get most of the others though... and any other colours they want to do it in.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th August 2014 at 07:26 PM.

This custom & the gold version means that i'll never have a complete set of this mold. First world problems, 'ey?

Yeah, I felt the same way...

I only have the takara version of this mold. I think it's the best of the retail versions, good colours and chrome placement and reasonable price when I bought it.

this milk version is very nice, but I'd be too scared of scratching off any of the paint to ever use it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    This custom & the gold version means that i'll never have a complete set of this mold. First world problems, 'ey?
    It's not a custom, so you can buy one for the mere price of $1000!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:SS:SS:US:1120

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:SS:SS:US:1120