Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POTP retail prices in Australia at the major chains

Default POTP retail prices in Australia at the major chains

A couple of weeks since Hasbro were allowed to send out the Power of the Prime toys to retailers and so far only Toyworld has jumped on the new toyline... which is a bit unusual, and disappointing, of the other national retailers here.

We don't know if or when the POTP toys will be showing up at the other national retailers here, but as of today, three of them have the products in their computer systems.

Going to each of those other major retailers for toys tonight (ToysRUs, Kmart, BigW, Target, Myer) with barcodes to scan, the following are the full retail prices we can expect, when they finally arrive (rounded to whole dollar).

KMART
    Prime Master - 9
    Legends - 19 (not in the system yet, but price posted by nelo_esper)
    Deluxe - 29
    Voyager - 49
    Leader - (not in the system at this time - unknown if they are getting them)

TARGET

Prime Master - 10
    Legends - 19
    Deluxe - 34
    Voyager - 49
    Leader - (not in the system at this time - unknown if they are getting them)

TOYSRUS
    Prime Master - 10
    Legends - 20
    Deluxe - 35
    Voyager - 50
    Leader - 90 (wave 2 barcode was already in their system)

TOYWORLD (these are only the prices from our sightings section and facebook - a price-range is listed as they have no national pricing, and other stores could also be charging outside of this range)
    Prime Master - 10-12
    Legends - 19-20
    Deluxe - 35-40
    Voyager - 49-60
    Leader - 89-95

BIGW (to be added when they get them - post them up here if you find them out first)
    Prime Master - 10
    Legends - 19
    Deluxe - 29
    Voyager - 45
    Leader - (didn't bother checking)
    (not getting POTP until mid March)

MYER
    Prime Master - $10
    Legends - $20
    Deluxe - $35
    Voyager - $50
    Leader - $90

RRP on Hasbro website (a guide for retailers only - retailers are not required to have these prices)
    Prime Masters - $10
    Legends - $20
    Deluxe - $35
    Voyager - $50
    Leader - (not listed yet)

I will go back to Kmart and Target when I have a photo of one of the wave 1 Leader toy's barcode... or if you have one and test it out at a price-check scanner at either of those two stores, let us know if it registers, and if it does, let us know what the price is.

And feel free to randomly test out the price-check scanner at BigW with POTP barcodes to see when they end up in their system... or bug your local Myer store if you know someone there who is willing to scan the barcodes for you.
    Last edited by griffin; 10th March 2018 at 11:03 PM.

You can also download the Target and BigW Apps on your phone (iPhone) as they have a price checker. I’m always scanning things in their competitors stores to compare prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    You can also download the Target and BigW Apps on your phone (iPhone) as they have a price checker. I’m always scanning things in their competitors stores to compare prices.
    that is very interesting to know. thank you
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    that is very interesting to know. thank you
    Yeah it’s great for Lego

Very keen to know the pricing for the Leaders as they are all I’m getting at local retail.

My understanding is that DLX price point has actually been RRP $30 for some time, it's just most stores e.g. Kmart have set it at $25 (TBH a lot of place seemed to have switched DLX and Warrior class bc I some places the Warriors were more expensive than the DLX figures which was not meant to happen lol), so this isn't a HUGE price increase, and after TLK it seems they're continuing the trend... wonder what the PR reason is (not fancy packaging) :P

You are correct. The max RRP for Deluxes has been $30 for about 15 years or so. Not sure why people are surprised by it.

Anyway, I took Rodimus Prime's box to Kmart today and tried scanning it. Nothing came up. :/

I'm just going to order from TLTC. They are cheaper and unlike Big W and Kmart, they actually should have stock in a week or so. Only downside is no layby at TLTC so I'll have to use my savings and repay it over the next month.

BTW Griff, I could have told you they are not in the Big W system and save you some time.

They are great prices on TLTC, I wonder if it will go up significantly after preorder? With such high demand on these products though, I have a feeling they won't be able to fulfil all the orders?

No knocking TLTC however, I ordered items in stock with them last year and found them to be great!

I checked out Kmart today with a Leader Optimus barcode that someone posted on the Ozformers facebook page. As noted above, it didn't recognise the barcode. Since it didn't recognise my Legends barcode either, it doesn't mean they won't get Leaders in... but they stopped stocking that size after wave 1 of Titans Return, so there is a chance that they may not pick it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Does the app use the camera to scan barcodes, or are you typing in a product description?
    And would it only be accessing the products that are available on their website, or their main inventory system that the in-store price-checkers are accessing?
    When I was at Myer, the register attendant was about to look up the descriptions on the Myer website... and I told him that I have the barcodes, because the Myer website doesn't list everything (and in the case of Transformers, rarely anything).

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    BTW Griff, I could have told you they are not in the Big W system and save you some time.
    Where's the fun in that?
    Well... I was at Garden City, which has all the majors under one roof, so naturally I was going to check them all while I was there. (and you never know if they just suddenly add them at any time)
    Besides... the in-store price-checker scanner may register an active barcode in the system, but not a proper listing (if you did a product name search) - like at Target, which recognised each of the POTP barcodes, but only came up with a very abbreviated listing as if they are just place-fillers until they full product descriptions are added later. (each one only had the price and TFS GEN)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Does the app use the camera to scan barcodes, or are you typing in a product description?
    And would it only be accessing the products that are available on their website, or their main inventory system that the in-store price-checkers are accessing?
    When I was at Myer, the register attendant was about to look up the descriptions on the Myer website... and I told him that I have the barcodes, because the Myer website doesn't list everything (and in the case of Transformers, rarely anything).
    Yes it uses the camera to scan the barcode on a product. And yes, it will only work if it’s in the system. It’s probably not as useful for stuff like Transformers as not all stores carry the same stuff but it’s great for Lego.