Thread: Heyo!

Default Heyo!

I started back in 85 (I think) with a G1 optimus prime who suffered a terrible fate at the hands of a kid who doesn't know about MiSB and collectables, but we had heaps of fun together so it's all good.

I sort of skirted back when the movies were released, but I always found the toys to be, well, ugly. Really craved the simplicity of the original cartoon figures.

I got back on the wagon a couple year back with metroplex (which I still haven't unpacked by lack of room) and more recently with the bigW special on devastator. $350 later, I can admit these combiner wars figures will definitely be the death of me...or at least my wallet

Really happy I discovered the forum by chance though!

Welcome! Well loved toys are the best

Would be great to hear how you stumbled to this lovely place. Feel free to have a read of how some of us got here and post your own journey.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22169

Shameless thread plug

Megatran Guest

Welcome fellow Melburnian / Victorian. Enjoy your time here at Ozformers.

A G1 Optimus back in the day hey.

Hello Bato and welcome.

Yes it is a fantastic time to be a collector, particularly of G1 Transformers. Between Masterpiece, Combiner Wars and now Titans Return there is no shortage of plastic to put on your shelf. Are you sticking to Combiners or looking to branch out into the other lines? I have to say that once you've had a taste for the Masterpiece figures it's hard to pass up on them.

In terms of costs, one thing that can help get the most bang for your buck is to pre order them at the early bird rates either from local online retailers (Eg Premium Collectables) or overseas online sites in Japan, Asia or the US.

Yeah, i've bit the bullet and used the 15% off coupon off the hasbro website, and shipped it to a colleague in the US with view to pick up this winter when I go stateside.

I'm starting to look at the other lines, but I have to be reasonable

Welcome to the boards!

Your reinterest has come at a good time with a lot of classic characters receiving some cool updates.

Definitely!

I think that's really what drove me to the CW series. They look like the old G1s, but with just that slight bit of modern touch to make them more relevant.