Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2232373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Saw Sabaton and Amon Amarth last night. What a show. Both bands could easily do headlining tours

I've got the last two Sabaton albums and their gusto is as infectious as Helloween's and Firewind's.

By the way, I've been listening to Machine Head's Catharsis album lately and they're still going strong.

I'm missing their last couple. But a great show was had.

Heard latest machine head has gone rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I'm missing their last couple. But a great show was had.

Heard latest machine head has gone rubbish
    I'm not a casual Machine Head fan. So I like all their albums especially the ones with Phil Demmel on guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I'm not a casual Machine Head fan. So I like all their albums especially the ones with Phil Demmel on guitar.
    I'm not a massive fan lol. But did see them with Slayer back in 2001 and again for Soundwave a number of years ago. Tbh I haven't heard the new album heh. My musical tastes has diversified and changed alot over the years

Saw Ihsahn on Sunday and even though his set was only one hour it was worth it.

He played Frozen Lakes on Mars and then The Grave as the encore.
    Also he commented about seeing plenty of Emperor gear in the crowd and then played "Thus Spake The Nightspirit". He also played a song that sounded like it's from In the Nightside Eclipse that I couldn't recognise.

Saw Ihsahn on Sunday and even though his set was only one hour it was worth it.

He played Frozen Lakes on Mars and then The Grave as the encore.
    Also he commented about seeing plenty of Emperor gear in the crowd and then played "Thus Spake The Nightspirit". He also played a song that sounded like it's from In the Nightside Eclipse that I couldn't recognise.
    I saw him last night at Max Watts. Was a great gig. Tbh, I know sfa of his solo stuff but was highly enjoyable

On the weekend I got Eonian (the new Dimmu Borgir album). I haven't listened to it yet but I've heard the two singles and I know I'll be in for a treat.

On the weekend I got Eonian (the new Dimmu Borgir album). I haven't listened to it yet but I've heard the two singles and I know I'll be in for a treat.
    Yea from what I hear it sounds good too. I'm keen to grab it too

Heard new Immortal song other day too, sounds like Battles In The North era Immortal again. And whoever said there is no Immortal without Abbath can shove it. Demonaz handles vocal duties well. And Peter Tatgren on session bass

Coincidentally, I'll be meeting him on Saturday

Saw Pain tonight. Phenomenal. Nice guys. Ended up playing pool with the bass player and guitar tech whilst supports were on. Beat them 3 to 0 too lol