Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [EOI] stackable figurine stands

Default wow

hey that looks so brilliant! i'm interested.
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

These do look good... much better than the empty ferroro rocher chocolate boxes I am using..
    Pencil me in as interested

These look absolutely incredible. I dearly wanted to buy an acrylic display system from the states, but the shipping is astronomical and diabolical.
    If you can make these yourself, and find a way to ship them (like unassembled) you are going to get a ton of interest. Just leave enough profit to make it worth your while, because I think you might find yourself overwhelmed with orders, and if you're doing it in your spare time you might find spare time runs out quick!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

thanks for all the comments guys

I have decided to offer 2 different sizes for now, but you'll have the option of 2 different heights.

Just to get an idea if these dimensions suit members I am looking at getting one of these sets made up. any feedback would be appreciated if platform size doesn't suit majority of members collections.

option A: 100x100mm and 100x200mm
    option B: 125x125mm and 125mmx250mm

and if a third size is required for smaller figs, (depending on number of interests)

option C: 50mm x 50mm
    option D: 100mm x 75mm

heights available would be approx 50mm and 100mm

I will have official prices when sizes are confirmed.

cheers

Great idea, I'd be keen on some of these.

I have a question for you grimlock.

I'd be interested in using vertical space to allow me to display more figures in the same area.

Would it be possible to do stands that are about 200mm high (and maybe 300mm x 150mm in size)? Or is that not structurally feasible? Would the posts be too thin to support that kind of height?

The idea is that this would allow me to display a figure on the stand and one below. E.g. Animated Skywarp in vehicle mode on the stand, and Animated Oilslick below it, as a random example.

that might be possible, would have to set one up to get a better idea, but would most likely involve another platform at the base to make the overall assembly more rigid if that makes sense? would rather not use other diameter rods at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by grimlock531 View Post
    that might be possible, would have to set one up to get a better idea, but would most likely involve another platform at the base to make the overall assembly more rigid if that makes sense? would rather not use other diameter rods at this stage.
    Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

Would anyone else be into this? Or is it just me?

I'm interested in the 100x200mm ones with varying heights, say 30, 40, 50mm.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I'm interested in the 100x200mm ones with varying heights, say 30, 40, 50mm.
    count me in this one