Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

If you can get the head off, an alternative would be putting it in a cup of just boiled water for 3-4 minutes until the plastic is slightly bendy, bend it into shape then put it in cold water to harden it.

That’s my preferred method - a past attempt at using a hairdryer warped some surrounding parts for me.

A couple more losses to the collection...

The rubber hose on 20 year old "Universe" Bludgeon is now rock hard and brittle. (same as the rubbery accessories on the UK Actionmaster motorised vehicles)
    I haven't checked the much older Gen2 Combat Heroes yet (the first release of these air-firing toys).

And the foam covering on the Rumble/Frenzy headphones (Music Label from Japan), also crumbled to dust, so I cleaned it all off (only took a damp cloth).

Another tragic loss, just from transforming it for a photo-shoot... the original JP Beast Wars Halfshell (Snaptrap/Turtler mould) from 1998. Both back legs snapped at the joint because there was too much force needed to unlock the back legs from robot mode to turtle mode. It could be the colour dye in the plastic that has made it more brittle, or just because it is now a 23 year old toy... so just in case, I won't be risking transforming my original Gen1 Snaptrap ever again (from robot mode). I have the 2010 reissue, which I can still risk using, but probably not for much longer.
    (it certainly supports the desire by some fans to buy multiple copies of toys to keep in their different modes and never transform)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ah, this is a sad story. Some of my G1s make terrifying creaking noises as they go.
    Is there any safe way to, er, lube them up (nothing suss)
    Ironically, KY jelly might actually be OK because it's water-based, as opposed to oil-based lubricants that might damage plastic or finish, which is why WD-40 isn't recommended. But if you want to go tried and tested, I believe shock oil (what they refill RC car shock absorbers with) e.g. Team Associated brand is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ah, this is a sad story. Some of my G1s make terrifying creaking noises as they go.
    Is there any safe way to, er, lube them up (nothing suss)
    It wasn't the pin in the joint that was stuck, it was the plastic locking tab inside the hinge that was doing too good of a job, created too much resistance when moving the legs, so when the plastic weakens, it shattered.

From a couple weeks ago, while transforming a lot of Ultra Magnus toys, this one didn't survive...

While uploading that one, it reminded me of another one recently - the Battlemaster that came with Siege Skywarp. I bumped it off the display case and it fell to the floor.... and as I instinctively stepped back to look for it, I managed to step in the one place on the entire floor that it had bounced to... breaking one of its legs.

wow a thread dating back to 8 years ago! i am impressed

i didn't read back and i am sure this one has been mentioned a few times but Masterpiece Rodimus Prime black version. knee joint snapped and i actually screamed...been fixed though. such a fragile beauty.
    And G2 Flare Jet, gun handle broke off inside the fist.

i used to hear a lot about BW Neo Randy's gold plastic issue but mine is good so far *touch wood

Quote Originally Posted by Mach Alert View Post
    i used to hear a lot about BW Neo Randy's gold plastic issue but mine is good so far *touch wood
    We'll see how we go! I intend to be VERY gentle!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach Alert View Post

I used to hear a lot about BW Neo Randy's gold plastic issue but mine is good so far *touch wood
    This video of Randy Being Crushed will bring a tear to your eye
    https://youtu.be/qcjAUN5Ssj8?t=34