Page 22 of 195 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Megatran Guest

Saw an ad on the tv for the first time showcasing Hasbro Transformers 1-step & 3-step. Who else but Bumblebee graced the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Saw an ad on the tv for the first time showcasing Hasbro Transformers 1-step & 3-step. Who else but Bumblebee graced the screen.
    Well he is the star of that show and was fighting Steeljaw who is the main Con so makes sense I guess

Debating whether or not to sell my movie collection. Thinking about the figures brings back great memories of hunting them down with my mate, especially when local stores actually seemed to carry truck loads of stock. However pondering about them now.... I don't know if the movie aesthetic holds up for what I want in my collection.

Maybe I'll just get rid of the Autobots (as I'm totally a Decepticon man!), but we will see.
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Debating whether or not to sell my movie collection. Thinking about the figures brings back great memories of hunting them down with my mate, especially when local stores actually seemed to carry truck loads of stock. However pondering about them now.... I don't know if the movie aesthetic holds up for what I want in my collection.

Maybe I'll just get rid of the Autobots (as I'm totally a Decepticon man!), but we will see.
    I remember those days, working at Kmart and seeing an entire aisle full of TF figures around the time of ROTF. Nowadays we're lucky to see half a metre squared at most places....

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I remember those days, working at Kmart and seeing an entire aisle full of TF figures around the time of ROTF. Nowadays we're lucky to see half a metre squared at most places....
    I think that, as far as Generations goes, it's a sign that it's a better toy line (and thus a stronger seller). And IMO is evident that the quality of the toys matters more than the quality or even existence of accompanying media.

Despite all the money poured into ROTF, many of those toys languished on shelves. Generations (and Classicsverse in general) has no widely available accompanying media, yet they've generally been strong sellers. I think it's also indicative that kids aren't stupid and know quality when they see it. The same held true for us when we were kids, e.g. Wheelie was an awful pegwarmer despite his appearances in the cartoon, comics & storybook. Hubcap on the other hand seemed to sell better despite having zero canonical appearance (and also being "just a redeco" of Cliffjumper whereas Wheelie offered a whole new mould).

Oh, and also because the current lines don't have nearly as many Bumblebees.

I think it's just an indication of how well Hasbro sales reps are able to sell a volume of product to the retail chain buyers.

with the wind in their sales from the first transformers movie they would have romped it in getting extra shelf space for Transformers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Gave my son a Rescuebots Boulder last night. He insisted on taking it to bed with him.

When I went to check him later before I went to bed he had it nestled in the crook of his arm like a teddy bear - very cute

They need some plush Rescue Bots.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They need some plush Rescue Bots.
    The only TF plushies I've been able to find of late have been AoE ones in The Reject Shop and they are so ugly they are more likely to give kids nightmares than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The only TF plushies I've been able to find of late have been AoE ones in The Reject Shop and they are so ugly they are more likely to give kids nightmares than anything else
    so true
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)