Thread: POTP toy fan event in Hong Kong

Default POTP toy fan event in Hong Kong

We might be having something similar here in Australia, but yesterday in Hong Kong, it looks like Hasbro invited a small number of fans to come and play test out the first wave of the Power of the Primes toyline.

We've had a fair few reveals now of this first wave, particularly from the American conventions since the middle of the year... but here we have dedicated fans putting the products to the test, and trying out their various gimmicks and features as regular fans do (without Hasbro showing off the gimmicks and poses that they want us to only see).

(more photos here at this posting.... and scroll through to see if more get added during the day)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We might be having something similar here in Australia, but yesterday in Hong Kong, it looks like Hasbro invited a small number of fans to come and play test out the first wave of the Power of the Primes toyline.
    Good grief - the back of Optimus is just terrible! Could they not have done a better job of hiding Pax's legs -or at the very least filling them in so that the sides of his backpack didn't look cheap, tacky and hollow.

I had the same feelings Bow, and then saw the combined truck/trailer mode. Maybe it is just mis-transformed with the gun embedded in the trailer but it looks like it's falling apart. I like Orion Pax as a bot, but will stick with the Titans Return version and skip it
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I had the same feelings Bow, and then saw the combined truck/trailer mode. Maybe it is just mis-transformed with the gun embedded in the trailer but it looks like it's falling apart. I like Orion Pax as a bot, but will stick with the Titans Return version and skip it
    I'll also be skipping it due to the fact we already have the TR PMOP. What we need now is a revival of Star Convoy OP that can improve on the Armada version.

bowspearer Guest

Just saw the trailer and ugh. As an aside, is anyone else not quite sure what to make of Rodimus' head being up Hotrod's backside?

The Leaders toys do give us two completely different versions of a character, which is going to make it tempting to buy two... like wanting to have Orion Pax and Optimus Prime on display, which you can't do with just the one toy.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Just saw the trailer and ugh. As an aside, is anyone else not quite sure what to make of Rodimus' head being up Hotrod's backside?
    The head thing I can ignore but the whole trailer situation is frustrating, prime's shows alot of robot junk (so much even a takara redeco can't save it unless they throw in junk cover parts) and they can't do more than assume leader mode or trailer mode, not even an attempt at a base mode.

Still, might nag me a unicronus since the old mp doesn't sound like a financially sound plan

I have to say that Optimus and Rodimus impress me more and more when I see them. Doubt I'd get either of them but I can't deny how clever they are

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    The head thing I can ignore but the whole trailer situation is frustrating, prime's shows alot of robot junk (so much even a takara redeco can't save it unless they throw in junk cover parts) and they can't do more than assume leader mode or trailer mode, not even an attempt at a base mode.

Still, might nag me a unicronus since the old mp doesn't sound like a financially sound plan
    The Unicronus one is the stand out of the three. Hasbro has definitely broken new ground with this new variation on Unicron.