Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4757626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

The jokes make themselves lol

Must have been a large fish

Galvatran Guest

^ That's what I thought.

I said to the waitress "That's too big. It's not gonna fit in my mouth". She responds with "Trust me... It'll fit..."
    Last edited by Galvatran; 17th August 2018 at 04:03 PM.

I totally missed this one... another of the big American fast-food franchises opened in Australia about a year ago, and is already in three states (NSW, QLD, SA) and soon to be opening in VIC.
    Carl's Jr, makes up part of the 7,300+ Hardees-Carls Jr chain of burger outlets in America and many other countries, which is the third largest burger chain in the world, behind Mcdonalds (35,000) and Burger King (16,000). Wendys comes in fourth at 6,500.

Even though Burger King and Wendys are my favourites when in America, I've always wanted to try Carls Jr or Hardees, especially after they started doing the "All American Thickburger", and many other delicious looking creations on their menu. Unfortunately, in my 17 trips to America, for some reason, I was never able to get to one, or have one near where I was staying... which seems weird, considering there are supposed to be so many of them.

Time to go visit one of the three in Brisbane. What's even better is that there is one at the Brisbane Domestic airport... for when I fly interstate.

And for those in Brisbane, the small chain of outlets called Gettaburger, is one that has caught my eye recently, with someone at work showing me some of their special weekly burgers, that can end up having anything on it.

Something else for me to check out soon.

Yea, I had some food at that Carl's JR a couple months ago on the way out of Brisbane. not bad for fast food.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My experience with getta was very poor. Never returned. Betty's at Chermside is great.

The problem with carl's is the location. Airport. Really? What a dumb move. So yea, it's easy to miss.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Unfortunately, in my 17 trips to America, for some reason, I was never able to get to one, or have one near where I was staying... which seems weird, considering there are supposed to be so many of them.
    You need to convince Dispensor to give Hooters a miss.

Galvatran Guest

Not so much as food but rather food etiquette. Whenever the family gets together for lunch/dinner (Father's Day is coming up) my brother's wife will take doggie bags before anyone's had a spoonful. Is that considered bad manners or plain rude?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Not so much as food but rather food etiquette. Whenever the family gets together for lunch/dinner (Father's Day is coming up) my brother's wife will take doggie bags before anyone's had a spoonful. Is that considered bad manners or plain rude?
    What? She doesn't eat anything and just gets it bagged? That's a problem with her. Probably just avoiding to purge it later. I don't know, just a theory based on that behaviour. You need to ask bro what's up.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Doggy bags are for taking home *leftover* food that you can't eat at the venue... not to get first grab and end up with a free second meal (if they are actually eating at the meal in addition to what they are taking home in the doggy bag).
    I think that is really poor form.
    At least wait until after the meal to see if anything is leftover, and then, only take food if the host offers it voluntarily to the guests at the end of the meal/visit. You don't ask for it, or even hint at it. The hosts are already paying to feed several people and spending a fair bit of their time to prepare it and host the meal... it's selfish and completely disrespectful for a guest to ask for free food in addition to the meal they are already getting for free, and, to get first pick before anyone knows if there is enough to cover the entire meal.

There's also the psychology of most people in a social setting, not wanting to be the one taking the last slice or last serving in a dish. If there is less to start with, people are less likely to have seconds, and not enjoy the meal as much as they would if they go home full.
    Last edited by griffin; 30th August 2018 at 05:01 PM.