Thread: Reissue fan-vote for 2020

Default Reissue fan-vote for 2020

Last Friday, for one day only, the Hasbro (America) facebook page had an unannounced, snap fan-vote for one of their 2020 reissues - 1985 Blaster Vs 1984 Skywarp.

The winner was Blaster, at 56%.

Since the 2019 winner (Astrotrain) hasn't come out yet, Blaster probably won't be out before mid 2020 either. (and since we've had some other reissues this year with Gears and Warpath, Blaster probably won't be the only one for 2020... but at only 4 or 5 per year, we probably won't see too many before these extremely limited (and hard to obtain cheaply) reissues come to an end)

They should reissue something that hasn't been done in a long time... I want dinobots! Or even a combiner team other than Devi.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Last Friday, for one day only, the Hasbro (America) facebook page had an unannounced, snap fan-vote for one of their 2020 reissues - 1985 Blaster Vs 1984 Skywarp.

The winner was Blaster, at 56%.

Since the 2019 winner (Astrotrain) hasn't come out yet, Blaster probably won't be out before mid 2020 either. (and since we've had some other reissues this year with Gears and Warpath, Blaster probably won't be the only one for 2020... but at only 4 or 5 per year, we probably won't see too many before these extremely limited (and hard to obtain cheaply) reissues come to an end)
    There’s also Soundwave and the cassettes which should be hitting Walmart stores soon.

These polls are strange. They’ll likely announce more reissues for 2019. I don’t understand the fan vote and the 2020 release date.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This was a pretty short voting period compared to the others.

I would have boringly voted for Skywarp, however this was a boring vote, with the Blaster/Perceptor 2 pack still on the shelves in some stores.

Also, they really need to make these available outside of wallmart, i.e. available here.

I would've voted for Skywarp too simply because it's been longer since the last Skywarp from Hasbro (although TakaraTOMY did do a more recent Encore reissue)

But I find it difficult to care about these reissues of stuff that have already been reissued. I got the Mini-Bots cos they were cheap at Cotton On, and I imported Hot Rod cos my previous reissue was stolen. Otherwise, meh... unless these reissues are cheap & easy to get or I have some other compelling reason, I'm just going to skip them.

I'll get Astrotrain if he's in his original toy colours as my reissues are the black & white and prototype colours. The legs on my G1 Astrotrain have stiffened up so badly that I cannot pull them out, so yeah, I'd jump on that if it happened.

This was a 'meh' for me because my Skywarp and Blaster are both in excellent condition still.

If Blaster comes out cheap and in his original styled packaging I might pick him up just to keep MISB, while sneakily taking out some of the weapons for my cassettes (if he comes with them) as my cassettes are missing half theirs.

I think Skywarp is more deserving, but I still voted for Blaster because Autobots are better lol
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I also think it's weird that Wallmart has a 3-pack of the cone heads (didn't even know they were re-released) but the original seekers are being released separately and in G1 packaging.

I'd really look forward to a proper coloured Blitzwing and yeah, I'll be grabbing Astrotrain.