Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ToysRUS (USA) now shipping internationally

TMNT Figures and DVD's wont ship, but lego seems to be mostly okay.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Has anyone been able to successfully place an order on the US TRU site yet?

Here's the scenarios I've been through:

Picked 5 Transformer items...clicked proceed to payment or whatever and was presented with a message about one of your items cant be shipped internationally...whatever, removed it and was able to proceed further with the other four. By the way the item was in stock that it wouldn't let me have, so yes I think (as another board member mentioned) they throw a dart at thier catalog to decide what can be sent or not

Next challenge

Asked to check out with paypal or express checkout...ok, sounds easy enough!? Nope...

Picked Paypal, it let me sign into paypal and choose my account etc....then I'm presented with an "opps! we weren't able to obtain your address details, don't worry you can complete this by clicking here". The fields on the next screen only allow for an american address to be entered in...dead end here

Ok then, lets try Express Checkout...presented with two subsections with fields (billing and shipping address) ,I can set the billing address to an aus address but cant set the shipping (US only)..wow send me the bill but not the toys another dead end grrr!!

So I then decided to sign up to the site and try again... some how I managed to skip the express checkout and was asked if I wanted to send all items to my billing address (entered in when I signed up). Clicked yes please but presented with a new error "Due to local ordinances, we are unable to complete your current order...blah blah blah"

I guessing they haven't ironed out the bugs for international buyers yet or the list of what we can buy is really restricted and the shopping cart isnt reflecting this correctly for items and isn't picked up until you try to pay.

Can any one post up if they have been successful and how they did it?

what annoys me with it is the fact that an item will say it ships here, then when you go to pay for it, the order gets rejected because one of the items now won't ship beyond the US
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

It seems they're like Amazon at the moment. They'll ship some toys to Australia, but a majority of them they won't.

You won't be able to use PayPal payment as it is not compatible with international shipping. I had trouble changing the shipping location in Internet eXplorer, but found no problems with Safari. I was also unable to do it from my ipad, as it said it didnt support mobile devices.

On my desktop, in another browser, I was able to order. Fortunately all the items I wanted would ship, and I look forward to receiving my order.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Sigh... and I just did a big order with Hasbro online store (with a shipping forwarder) while they currently have free shipping on orders over $50.

Will still try to get something through this though...

Having issues trying to put an order down for the FOC Combaticons.

Each of the figures mentions that they are willing to ship internationally, however when I go to check out and try to complete my shipping address information, the field only allows for a US address with a message saying that these products do not ship internationally

Any else had much luck with this lot?

Okay... it seems that there is a method to ordering that you have to follow.

Start off adding things into your cart (you don't need to register an account).
    Go to checkout when done.
    It will list all your items, and at the bottom, it will list the US Shipping amount.
    BENEATH THAT, it will give you a link to click on if you are shipping to an international location.
    Click on it and select your country.
    This will then tell you if any of your items are not actually available (they probably haven't converted everything over yet... or just missed some items for the filter).
    Remove all those items and then click on "check out".
    It will then take you to a screen, to enter in your address details (NOTE - you must use your credit card's billing address as your shipping address. This prevents fraudulent use of stolen card details.)
    You also select your payment option out of the credit cards listed - it includes Paypal as an option, but since this is a third party ordering on your behalf, like a shipping forwarder, don't be surprised if the Paypal option may not yet be possible. This also means that your credit card statement is supposed to show a charge to the "I-parcels" company, NOT ToysRUs. If there are any issues with the order or its availability, it is the "I-parcels" company that you'd probably have to deal with instead of TRU.

I ordered 12 items (3 were rejected), leaving me with 9 (Combaticons, MP Cracker, Gen Sandstorm, Gen Laserbeak, TFPrime Voy Dreadwing), costing $188 plus $45 shipping. If I bought those in Australia it would cost about $285, which only saved me about $50... but three of those items aren't here (yet), while the others are currently hard to find.

It is amusing to see some typos in their order forms, and that they use the Australian flag for Anguila. It was also interesting to see Gen Laserbeak listed twice, and one of them was rejected, while one was okay.

Happy shopping people... get it while it lasts. (I can't imagine Hasbro, Mattel and Lego would be too happy with it, and could try to stop it after a while)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay... it seems that there is a method to ordering that you have to follow.

Start off adding things into your cart (you don't need to register an account).
    Go to checkout when done.
    It will list all your items, and at the bottom, it will list the US Shipping amount.
    BENEATH THAT, it will give you a link to click on if you are shipping to an international location.
    Click on it and select your country.
    This will then tell you if any of your items are not actually available (they probably haven't converted everything over yet... or just missed some items for the filter).
    Remove all those items and then click on "check out".
    It will then take you to a screen, to enter in your address details (NOTE - you must use your credit card's billing address as your shipping address. This prevents fraudulent use of stolen card details.)
    You also select your payment option out of the credit cards listed - it includes Paypal as an option, but since this is a third party ordering on your behalf, like a shipping forwarder, don't be surprised if the Paypal option may not yet be possible. This also means that your credit card statement is supposed to show a charge to the "I-parcels" company, NOT ToysRUs. If there are any issues with the order or its availability, it is the "I-parcels" company that you'd probably have to deal with instead of TRU.
    Crystal clear! Thanks griffin!