Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which 3p Dinobots?

I've ordered Thunderous (not-Sludge) through chimungmung.

Couldn't help myself. Combined mode is gonna be awesome! Assuming the QC is there.

Where was it? Couldnt see it on their site!

Don't worry, found it under pre orders....

There is a review of thunderous out by benscollectables i like the look of the combined mode but I'm not too sure about the look and it's a bit big for me.. I'm looking at getting toyworld dinobots they look good in both modes AND there will a combined mode

The thing I don't like about the toy world ones is the lack of paintwork. The red and greys look too dull. The details also look a bit soft... I'm leaning towards g creations at this stage.

The thing I love about Toyworld's is the T rex head in the middle of the chest in combiner mode. It was almost enough to make me jump ship from GCreations...

... but that was all it really had going for it. It's smaller, I don't like the feet and the individual dinos (not that I'd display it like that anyway) aren't G1 enough (for me).

I hate the toothed combiner head on both, but it looks like they are both optional.

Dumb as it may sound I'd like to see the T rex head on the combiner!

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    The thing I love about Toyworld's is the T rex head in the middle of the chest in combiner mode. It was almost enough to make me jump ship from GCreations...

... but that was all it really had going for it. It's smaller, I don't like the feet and the individual dinos (not that I'd display it like that anyway) aren't G1 enough (for me).

I hate the toothed combiner head on both, but it looks like they are both optional.

Dumb as it may sound I'd like to see the T rex head on the combiner!
    i didn't even know there was an image of this until now...

note- minus not-swoop and 2 not-slags as arms
    Last edited by Jilm101; 11th February 2015 at 08:09 PM.

See?!

How cool is that T rex head in the centre of the chest?

That is pretty magnificent, my first thought at combining Dinobots was, sounds cool, but I thought more, and it was a matter of really, why? And there is my answer!! Bloody awesome.
    Having only recently ventured into the world of 3p items, I think that there are pros and cons for the not Dinobots through the different brands, I love the Iron Dibots line especially how it fits with the MP line, although Maz just did a review on a not Snarl that isn't Fans Toys and it seems to fit in quite well as we wait.......and wait for FT to release theirs.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Yeah, man. This dinobot renaissance is really starting to take its toll. But these are the characters I desperately wanted as a kid, but only managed to score Grimlock and eventually Swoop (as disappointing as he was).

Now I'm two FT dinobots in and keen to see that line through, GigaPower's as well as GCreations'. If it weren't for the combiner I would have been happy enough with the two series (one for robot-mode the other for dinosaur-mode), but a dinobot combiner was a playground myth, that only the modern toy collecting age seems equipped to make real. And I, for one, am not inclined to miss out.

So three sets of dinobots it is.