Thread: Hasbro earns title of most ethical company in the world

Default Hasbro earns title of most ethical company in the world

Some might be baffled by that title... especially when it comes to their unfair pricing policy to their non-US branches. (and after seeing that report on their toy factories)

However, according to some American Institute that has been compiling the 145 most ethical companies each year since 2006, Hasbro not only made it on the list for the first time, but hit the number one spot.

The New York-based think-tank Ethisphere Institute has named Hasbro as the world's most ethical company.

The Institute, which promotes business ethics and corporate social responsibility, compiles an annual list of companies that follow ethical business practices and go beyond legal compliance minimums.

This the first time Hasbro has appeared on the list since it was initially compiled in 2006 and has trumped the field of 145 contenders including the likes of Starbucks, Whole Foods, eBay, Aflac, PepsiCo and UPS for the top spot.

I guess that institute wasn't aware of the unjustified markup the American Hasbro puts on the toys they make available to their foreign branches... just so that they can stay cheaper and competitive in American stores.

It's not 1st April yet griffin
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My company is named too and given all the people they have made redundant in order to outsource positions abroad, I am unsure of the criteria used for the listing..

I never put much stock in these sorts of listings as they are often fuelled by popularity or promotional advertising in some way.

Regarding Hasbro's pricing structure though. I have noticed in the podcasts I listen to that deluxe pricing in the US has gone up with prices approaching $15 now in some cases. while at the same time, if you shop carefully here you can deluxes for as little as $23 which while it's not equivalent it's much better than 5 years ago when a deluxe was $8 to $10 in the US and $28 - $30 here.
    Keeping in mind the horendous import duties here and the scale differences in the two markets, it's not as bad as it could be. I think we have seen a change in the retail prices here, especially with the Deluxe toys. Whether that's a reflection of a change in Hasbro's wholesale prices or something else is anyone's guess.

Either way, I'd recommend against putting too much stock in a report by a company who's business is to create lists to be included in media to make it sell better so the advertising in the media is worth more.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

They're ethical because the factories they're contracting production to technically aren't part of Hasbro.

I would be very interested in the methadology behind how these awards are made. I spend a lot of my working time on CSR & ethical sourcing & I am highly suspicious as to the qualifications of the candidates.

Really?!?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

lol do you think they tried to hide their co-op works with funpub as of late...
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast