Thread: Prime Studios Optimus & Megatron statues for pre-order

Default Prime Studios Optimus & Megatron statues for pre-order

For those with a lot of money to burn, and a passion for the Movie universe... more specifically, the second and third movie, then this is for you.

A company called Prime Studios is producing non-convertible figures of TF2 Megatron and TF3 Optimus, that stand about 70cm tall, and feature electronic lighting.

As impressive as they look, they are not cheap.
    TF2 Megatron - May 2014 - US$1,950
    TF3 Optimus Prime - Jan 2015 - US$2,300

I wonder how many fans will get one or both, or if these just end up in corporate hands (for promotions or store displays).

Even though some of us have spend that much or more on some rare Gen1 figures, I'm just wondering if these two particular versions will have enough collector interest or desire to warrant spending two thousand dollars on past version of the Movie leaders. Optimus makes a bit of sense, because the robot mode didn't change too much between the four movies so that version is quite iconic now, but Megatron changed with each one... so what makes the second movie version, the one "iconic" enough to spend two grand on I wonder.

There's a $10 discount on your first order if you sign up for their newsletter... i'm sure that'll help put most ppl over the edge!

If I had money to burn I'd love both of these. They are both so beautiful.

These must actually be selling, as there could be a Starscream one coming as well.