Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unauthorised products section created

Default Unauthorised products section created

After it was mentioned on the Section Mods area to have a separate section for the unauthorised/unlicensed stuff, I've created a section and moved relavant topics into it.

As much as I don't like supporting them, I seem to be upsetting more people by making a stand against it, so why not just have a separate section tucked away at the back of the board? ...and it would make it easier to purge the board of them later if Hasbro ever decide to crack down on them.

It will also make it easier to keep these things out of the news sections, unlike the global forums, which really frustrate me having to scroll through pages of 'news' that isn't even on legit Hasbro/TT TFs.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It will also make it easier to keep these things out of the news sections, unlike the global forums, which really frustrate me having to scroll through pages of 'news' that isn't even on legit Hasbro/TT TFs.
    Hear, hear! (And well done with all the topic moving.)

Yeah, I was thinking we should probably isolate this discussion, for those who care about it - leaving those of us who don't an easy option to ignore.

Do we still have the disclaimer of not _promoting_ unlicensed products?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I thought the section descriptor was like a disclaimer:
    "The Admin of this site doesn't endorse items produced without first seeking permission or licensing, but until Hasbro acts against it, this site won't be doing their job for them. KOs and counterfeit/replica toys are still not allowed here. Only items that are TFs themed/inspired."

Perhaps it could be rephrased as:
    "OTCA administration does not endorse any unlicensed products. The views expressed in this section are the views of individual members and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of, and should not be attributed to, OTCA. Pirated knock-offs/bootlegged counterfeit imitations are forbidden, only unlicensed products that are Transformer theme/inspired."

I chose the words 'without first seeking permission', because I would probably support a fan-project that actually had the courage to approach Hasbro for permission. If it was knocked back for no reasonable reason, then I'd be willing to support them for trying to do the right thing.

How about:

"OTCA administration does not endorse any unlicensed products without first attempting to obtain permission or licensing. The views expressed in this section are of individual members and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of OTCA. Pirated knock-offs/bootlegged counterfeit imitations are forbidden, only unlicensed products that are Transformer theme/inspired."

Good call Chief.

I'm really sorry. This is just a silly idea.

1. Aren't there enough sections on the boards these days? Do we really want an extra one?
    2. Why not lump them with KOs? I mean, really? Unclicensed TFs? Why don't we just call them "3rd party products" if you want to be so politically correct. Lump them together, call them "illegal TFs" and stuff all of this political correctness.

As far as I can see, this is dancing around the issue so people don't have to feel bad about themselves for buying an illegal product. Nice and fuzzy names ain't going to change that one iota.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I'm really sorry. This is just a silly idea.

1. Aren't there enough sections on the boards these days? Do we really want an extra one?
    2. Why not lump them with KOs? I mean, really? Unclicensed TFs? Why don't we just call them "3rd party products" if you want to be so politically correct. Lump them together, call them "illegal TFs" and stuff all of this political correctness.

As far as I can see, this is dancing around the issue so people don't have to feel bad about themselves for buying an illegal product. Nice and fuzzy names ain't going to change that one iota.
    No. That would end up making no distinction between KOs and 3rd Parties causing even more problems.

i agree with stl one of the things that attracted me to this board was there was not to many sections and parts.you have to becareful about not spreading the board to thin and therefore risking watering down the transformers part of the board which is why i come here.