Thread: NZ collector stores

Default NZ collector stores

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for the new thread but I am headed over to NZ on the 12th for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if anyone knows of any stores that I should check out for TF figures etc (around Auckland). I have googled and found one in Auckland but that's it. The stores are usually hard to find etc so if anyone could give me a heads up I would be most thankful.
    Admin: you can take this down if you like but thought I would ask the question.
    Thanks Guys & Gals

I know this thread is old but I thought I would revive it to give a little bit of information on what I found over my last few weeks in Auckland/Upper North Island.

Main places to look for main line Transformers in NZ are generally The Warehouse, Farmers, Toy World, Whitcoulls, K-Mart. I never found any Transformers in any of the supermarket chains this time around and didn't get the time for any small specialty stores.

I went to a large number of various stores listed above and I have to say the pickings were pretty dismal. Most places had barely 5 or at best 10 various Transformers available in stock and most of that stock was OLD. I'm talking Age of Extinction Bumblebee old, although in one case I did see a DoTM figure in a severely beat up state. There were a few RID2015 figures but nothing new - 3-step green Grimlock and the odd Optimus Prime, one step Sideswipe etc and lots of RID2015 legion Strongarm. I did see a CW Hotspot and First Aid in one Warehouse (near Auckland Airport) but Combiner Wars didn't have much shelf space if any at most places I checked.
    The Warehouse had LOADS of the Tiny Titans collection 3.

The one shining light was the discovery of the RID2015 Megatronus, Fracture and black Bumblebee warrior class figures at a small K-Mart on the east coast of the North Island. However they were significantly more expensive than we pay in Hong Kong so I couldn't justify buying them.

Also, the Warehouse had a 24 hour online sale of Devastator while we were there for NZ$150 which was pretty awesome as the only one I saw on a shelf in Toy World Sylvia Park was ND$400! Alas we already have Devy and given we were travelling couldn't take advantage of that sale.

I feel kind of bad for kiwis wanting Transformers because the shelves are loaded with Ninja Turtles and Thunderbirds but Transformers seem to have almost no shelve real estate let alone prominence; yet when people saw me walking around in my Transformers shirts they always commented how cool Transformers were (and one guy even wanted to buy one of my shirts off my back!).

Yeah sorry i didnt update with anything at the time. I did find a couple of places but they were more just comic book stores which dabble in the plastic crack arts.
    There was one store in Auckland city, Real Groovy that is a old record/pop culture store that had a couple of G1 figures but they were well overpriced. One that i remember was Twin Twist with box but no insert which was priced at $130.00 so that stayed on the shelf. I did get a really cool T-Shirt though that is themed on the Beatles and Abbey Road but has Autobot Road and has various TFs' in the background etc with 4 Optimus (different colours) on the Ped crossing. Have worn it to Supanova and Comic Con in Bris and have had a few comments on it. I love it, it is one of my favorite shirts.
    There were a few other comic stores around and one in another town not too far from Auckland city that had a ton of Hot Toys figures etc. Once again they were way overpriced. I started to feel sorry for the NZians and the way things are priced. Even in a variety store the retail figures are higher than what i thought. I ended up just googling Comic Stores Auckland and the ones that i saw i noted and visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post

The one shining light was the discovery of the RID2015 Megatronus, Fracture and black Bumblebee warrior class figures at a small K-Mart on the east coast of the North Island. However they were significantly more expensive than we pay in Hong Kong so I couldn't justify buying them.
    First I have heard, so thanks
    Yep, stock levels in stores for Transformers has been very poor this year.

I found a chewed up G1 sinnertwin at a salvo's store last time I was there