Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Aaaw I knew I shouldnt have put those Reprolabels sticker faces . Shame, shame. Oh well no worries , at least this is a better head than stickers .
    I am the other way around. I prefer the Reprolabel faces. I don't like how the heads make the proportions of the figure much worse since the arms are so low. I applaud the effort of the designers but I can't say that I will be using them, I will just keep them in box.

The G1 cartoon Reprolabel faces are better for me even if they are not as G1 accurate as the heads. They allow anyone to properly identify the characters and don't make the proportions worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    I am the other way around. I prefer the Reprolabel faces. I don't like how the heads make the proportions of the figure much worse since the arms are so low.
    I agree entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup
    I applaud the effort of the designers but I can't say that I will be using them, I will just keep them in box.
    Sorry man, I have to ask you this - why did you buy these head mods if you don't like the look of the heads mounted on top of the G1 toys and you never intend on using them? As non-legit mods, it's not as if they're going to ever appreciate in value like legit action figures when you keep them sealed (and even then they appreciate really poorly when you think about it). (?_?)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Maybe those heads will one day reach the value of the Cliffjumper Upgrade Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Even better!
    You realise now that you're gonna have to open up Screamer & take some action shots with the 3 of them?
    Haha not only that Pulse, they have got to take a photo with their brother Dirge as well, now only missing G1 Ramjet.

As for those who bought the Encore Ratchet and Ironhide heads, you won't regret as they are really paint accurate with the figure and looked much better than the cardboard heads, plus they fit in nicely on the figure and you can even transform them back into vehicle mode and leave the heads on.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Finally got me a mini allspark for my movie TFs to fight over. Oh and it came with a Stockade figure too.

Hachaaaaaa!

Wating for some more stuff to come. Come on posty!!!

well here's today's arrivals

and dont worry Bombshell's gun is on the way too

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree entirely.

Sorry man, I have to ask you this - why did you buy these head mods if you don't like the look of the heads mounted on top of the G1 toys and you never intend on using them? As non-legit mods, it's not as if they're going to ever appreciate in value like legit action figures when you keep them sealed (and even then they appreciate really poorly when you think about it). (?_?)
    well thats not true as i sold me cliff jumper conversion kit for $200

but would keeping it sealed really effect a value of something like that? (o_O)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree entirely.

Two reasons:

- I just wanted to have them. As a kid I always wanted them to have heads and back then we had no reprolabel cartoon head stickers as an option aside from the weird diaclone one.
    - To Support these third party accessory makers which often serve to enhance existing toys or make up for Hasbro's laziness(eg Cliffjumper kit/Magnus Armor).

I don't really care if they increase in value or not, otherwise I would not have opened and implemented the Cliffjumper kit and instead sold it on Ebay for $300 (yes that is how much they went for).

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Ebay for $300 (yes that is how much they went for).
    I weep