Page 151 of 168 FirstFirst ... 131141146147148149150151152153154155156161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1679

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got the first two parts of Zetas superion (khronos) yesterday
    Not air raid and not firefly

Both fantastic in all three modes

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    Got the first two parts of Zetas superion (khronos) yesterday
    Not air raid and not firefly

Both fantastic in all three modes
    Nice! I've been a little bit iffy about the Zeta figures. Not too sure about the designs, but perhaps it's just a matter of seeing them in person? It's definitely going to make an awesome combiner though.

Oh I've got some really cool stuff lately.

G-Creations Rebel
    I love the design of this guy, in both modes. All the techy detail and exaggerated proportions make it look really cool. Transformation was mildly harrowing the first time, but after that it's really simple. I was a bit wary given how difficult people found their IDW Optimus.

Generation Toy J4zz
    Most of the reviews for this guy are good, but no one seemed excited for it. Personally I really like it. First GT figure I've got and it makes me want more. Cool design and details, good quality and a transformation that's actually fun. When I contrast it with TFCs Road Caesar figures — the only other sports car transformers I currently have — they look pretty poor; fiddly, not fun transformation. But J4zz… he's a champ.

Planet x Vulcun
    So I've seen this guy going for crazy money, but I managed to cop it for a really good price — thanks Toybot Importz! — and I'm glad I did. Two things. Dinobots. Grimlock. Always been my favourite figures and I'm always on the lookout for more. This guy is awesome in both modes. Lots of nice detail, posable, cool aesthetics, and a fun transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by lukematthewsutton View Post
    Oh I've got some really cool stuff lately.

G-Creations Rebel
    I love the design of this guy, in both modes. All the techy detail and exaggerated proportions make it look really cool. Transformation was mildly harrowing the first time, but after that it's really simple. I was a bit wary given how difficult people found their IDW Optimus.

Generation Toy J4zz
    Most of the reviews for this guy are good, but no one seemed excited for it. Personally I really like it. First GT figure I've got and it makes me want more. Cool design and details, good quality and a transformation that's actually fun. When I contrast it with TFCs Road Caesar figures — the only other sports car transformers I currently have — they look pretty poor; fiddly, not fun transformation. But J4zz… he's a champ.

Planet x Vulcun
    So I've seen this guy going for crazy money, but I managed to cop it for a really good price — thanks Toybot Importz! — and I'm glad I did. Two things. Dinobots. Grimlock. Always been my favourite figures and I'm always on the lookout for more. This guy is awesome in both modes. Lots of nice detail, posable, cool aesthetics, and a fun transformation.
    Vulcun is probably my favourite 3P figure. I'm not particularly a Grimlock fan, nor am I a dinobot or Fall of Cybertron fan. It looks great and plays extremely well though. I have Planet X Mors as well (their Starscream), which while great does not read the same level.

J4ZZ was a figure found surprisingly enjoyable. I thought it would be quite fragile and a bit of a shelf queen, but it is also a sturdy playable bot. I think people weren't super hyped for it because it doesn't nicely fit anywhere if you have a themed collection. Too big for CHUG, not G1 enough for Masterpiece. A great bit of toy though.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Vulcun is probably my favourite 3P figure. I'm not particularly a Grimlock fan, nor am I a dinobot or Fall of Cybertron fan. It looks great and plays extremely well though. I have Planet X Mors as well (their Starscream), which while great does not read the same level.
    Oooh, big call. I can totally see it though. It's a great figure.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    J4ZZ was a figure found surprisingly enjoyable. I thought it would be quite fragile and a bit of a shelf queen, but it is also a sturdy playable bot. I think people weren't super hyped for it because it doesn't nicely fit anywhere if you have a themed collection. Too big for CHUG, not G1 enough for Masterpiece. A great bit of toy though.
    Those are really good points. If you're theming your collection you might struggle. For me though, I just like Cool Looking Robots. So it definitely does it for me.

I also got the Unrustables Otomo yesterday. Very, very cool. Simple transformation, fun, and an unusual design I really dig. The nod to Akira for this particular deco also tickles my fancy.

I've had a great time slapping random stickers on it.

My Perfect Effect order of PC-15, 17 & 20 all arrived the other day nicely packaged from ToyBot Importz. Will happily continue to keep purchasing from them
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Received ox remix furor and riot from tftoys last week. Man these guys look awesome next to soundwave

This big guy

I got in the first set of the JinBao OS KO Gravity Builder last night.

for ~$70SGD, two leader sized constructicons is a bloody good deal. I've never handled the original Gravity Builder so can't comment on comparative build quality, but from the perspective of being in a vacuum that way I have no complaints. Everything feels sturdy and tight. The leg ratchets are quite tight but I understand why they'd have to be given the size of the figure and the fact that they combine.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.