Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 213136373839404142434445465161 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

With the way I see so many people drive, the colour of the light doesn't matter

So the Cubs won the baseball. The creators of Back To The Future predicted it. A year off is not a bad effort. And cinsidering Biff is similar to Trump in some ways...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    So the Cubs won the baseball. The creators of Back To The Future predicted it. A year off is not a bad effort. And cinsidering Biff is similar to Trump in some ways...
    If I remember correctly they actually used Trump as inspiration for Biff... so this could be an interesting month.

Doc and Mcfly better get that Delorean fixed and sort the timeline out stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    If I remember correctly they actually used Trump as inspiration for Biff... so this could be an interesting month.

Doc and Mcfly better get that Delorean fixed and sort the timeline out stat!
    Did someone also make a insane seeming bet on the Cubs to win? If so, they may in fact be in possession of the Almanac

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda pathetic when YouTube videos ask viewers to like and subscribe? To me it feels like say telling a joke and then asking your audience to please applaud and laugh. If your joke is genuinely funny, people will applaud and laugh without prompting, and similarly if your video/channel is really that good then people will click like or subscribe without needing to be prompted. Honestly. Although I've never subscribed to a channel, because if I like a channel enough I'll regularly check up on it myself. Imagine if someone posted a status or thought on Facebook and asked people to click Like and follow them.

And really, unless I really genuinely like a video, the more a video asks me to click like on it the more I really don't want to. Are people that desperate to seek approval from strangers on the internet?

If you liked this post, don't forget to Quote it and type "+1 QFT" in your reply!

Whilst I do agree to an extent, hitting like and subscribe helps them with their channel with two mouse clicks, compared to the several hours it usually takes to make a decent YouTube video. It's basically the way I thank and compliment someone on their effort, seeing as I have ads disabled.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I've spent untold hours making YouTube videos. This video took me days to make and this video took me a solid week of non-stop photographing and editing from morning to night. But I don't expect likes or subscriptions... I'll let my audience decide if they want to click like or hit subscribe, I'm not going to ask for it. If people genuinely like your content then they'll hit Like without needing to be prompted. If you're not getting as many Likes then perhaps you need to reconsider ways of improving your content. Or wonder why the approval of strangers on the internet matters so much to you.

And I utterly refuse to hit Like on any video where the content isn't their own original creation, especially if they've taken it from another creator. It irritates me when I see YouTubers fishing for Likes and subscriptions when they've pretty much plagiarised content. And as I've often said, I almost never click on video toy reviews, but I'll almost always read a text review.

Just my 2c

Most times I don't hit the like button. But I have a few subscriptions to channels, such as FailArmy, because it's easier to find their new videos that way. On my PS4, all I have to do is go to mys subscriptions and there it is.

Also, afaik, youtubers do get paid more for more subscribers

Subscriptions and likes are how their revenue/income is generated. So while yes, on one level I agree with you Gok, on another level, if you are regularly enjoying a particular Youtuber's videos, a like and/or subscribe helps support them to bring you more content.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda pathetic when YouTube videos ask viewers to like and subscribe?
    Nothing wrong with self promoting, though there are good and bad ways of presenting it. A couple of my subscriptions say it as "if you liked this vid chuck us a like" or "if you wanna see more hit subscribe". I think that's much better than begging or demanding.

Plus many people need aural cues to make a decision anyway - for eg someone might watch dozens of someone's older vids and likes them enough to subscribe, but their brain doesn't process that thought into an instruction, and without hearing the word subscribe, they just don't press the button.

I know I've done that before - I've even gone to someone's page to watch more vids, and still not subscribed when I'm clearly going to watch more.

It's no different to any other form of advertising, if no one liked it, no youtuber would do it.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------