Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    This is more at DHL than HLJ, but I used DHL postage for the first time as it was a few dollars cheaper than EMS but promised to be here 1-4 business days (EMS is 2-7).

The EMS parcel that shipped out 3 days later arrived first..
    Apparently dhl uses Australia post when reaches Australia and Australia post priority to ems first.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Apparently dhl uses Australia post when reaches Australia and Australia post priority to ems first.
    I can 2nd this as my local postie told me this only the other day.

On another note I sent a shipping request last thursday only to for it to ship the following thursday morning. I emailed them on the wed asking why I havent got a shipping notice yet to which they replied "you don't have one because we havent shipped it yet" I thought no s@#t thats why I emailed you.

Well that explains why when a parcel I buy from Amazon US goes by DHL there's a little bit of a lag when it gets to Australia Post. Good to know.

If DHL use Australia Post, that's so frustrating to know... because when I have something sent from America or Japan by DHL (if I didn't have a choice), I have to use a home address and make sure someone is at home to accept it (otherwise I have to drive all the way out to the airport to pick it up).
    That's because, if DHL are handling the package within Australia (and don't just palm it off to Australia Post), they can't send it to a POBox, and they need a signature. I almost had a package returned to Japan because it was sent with my POBox address on it, and DHL couldn't contact me for a home address. Fortunately the seller was able to reach me before it was returned.
    So now when I have to use DHL, I use my home address, and just have to risk missing the delivery (and then travel out to the airport)... or risk having Australia Post throw the package at the door from the footpath.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If DHL use Australia Post, that's so frustrating to know... because when I have something sent from America or Japan by DHL (if I didn't have a choice), I have to use a home address and make sure someone is at home to accept it (otherwise I have to drive all the way out to the airport to pick it up).
    That's because, if DHL are handling the package within Australia (and don't just palm it off to Australia Post), they can't send it to a POBox, and they need a signature. I almost had a package returned to Japan because it was sent with my POBox address on it, and DHL couldn't contact me for a home address. Fortunately the seller was able to reach me before it was returned.
    So now when I have to use DHL, I use my home address, and just have to risk missing the delivery (and then travel out to the airport)... or risk having Australia Post throw the package at the door from the footpath.
    Unfortunately DHL will not be able to post to PO Box or lockers. I have asked this when I noticed a Aust Post van delivered my DHL item.

DHL do have their collection points though which you can arrange.

Overall I just hope we get our parcels. I seen the horrible video in China where they just kick, throw ur parcels into the truck, it was so frustrating to see your Christmas goods being treated worst than dirt.

As much as there is a PILE of items, parcels should not been treated like crap.

From this ,it puts me off buying anything from China during Christmas or Chinese News Year season.

Remember I am not Australian, so Australia Post has no relevance to me.

The issue was that it just sat and sat and sat and sat in Hong Kong .. where as EMS comes direct

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Remember I am not Australian, so Australia Post has no relevance to me.

The issue was that it just sat and sat and sat and sat in Hong Kong .. where as EMS comes direct
    yup. but I have no idea the "deal" DHL has in HK might be similar.

My DHL package sat in my local Deport for 4 days when ETA from DHL was before.

MP-36 sent on Friday evening, arrived today. $250 shipped via EMS. Pretty happy with that and fast response time to customer service emails

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    MP-36 sent on Friday evening, arrived today. $250 shipped via EMS. Pretty happy with that and fast response time to customer service emails
    Yeah... sometimes their shipping is lightning fast.

I think I've had on a couple occasions as well, weekend ship-and-arrive.

Great service bought a figma figure that turned out to be completely different from what references on picture from website.

Return item got refunded both shipping and item and credit towards next order which it did no issue.