Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

Some more:

Bakamongatari and other series
    Hyouka
    Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan (funny little anime about Osaka-ben)
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    Muv Luv
    Girls Und Panzer
    Jormungand
    Persona 4
    Hagure Yuusha
    Queens Blade (Tetsuwan made me say that )
    Hellsing series
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor
    Fate series
    Gosick
    Setokai Yakuindomo
    Lupin the Third
    Psycho Pass
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
    IdolM@ster

Also my little favourite atm........my guilty little anime is Puchimasu (spinoff from Idolmaster)

More I can recommned if you want

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Ahem
    I did not.

Quite hoping they make a HighSchool of the Dead Season 2. Quite enjoyed HSOTD!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    oooh anime!

Personally I keep track of Naruto - now Naruto Shippuuden coz he's all grown up. Bleach - but Im reduced to reading the manga coz every site that before had it couldt upload anymore, somehow it's all being blocked by the makers. I used to watch one piece, but after the Great War arc ( where Luffy's brother dies SPOILER) I stopped. Although Ive watched all the movies of these 3 anime too.
    I read only the manga for both Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach, i avoid the anime due to too many filler arcs.

On another note, Basilisk is a decent clan/ninja war between each other trapped in a love story. I recall watching requiem but didnt enjoy it too much. And i for one did not enjoy Hellsing and Devil May Cry, episodes felt bland and like they were just making up random stuff just to get something out to air. Watched vampire knights when it was on ABC, which was a pretty whacky school/action/love anime.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Some more:

Bakamongatari and other series
    Hyouka
    Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan (funny little anime about Osaka-ben)
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    Muv Luv
    Girls Und Panzer
    Jormungand
    Persona 4
    Hagure Yuusha
    Hellsing series
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor
    Fate series
    Gosick
    Setokai Yakuindomo
    Lupin the Third
    Psycho Pass
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
    IdolM@ster

Also my little favourite atm........my guilty little anime is Puchimasu (spinoff from Idolmaster)

More I can recommned if you want
    Ohh i got the persona 4 game on vita. Also go ahead and recommend what ever you feel is worth a watch, this thread is intended to discuss all things anime, ones worth watching and ones worth skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    +1

I'm not a avid anime-watcherer but heres some recentish ones that I enjoyed.

Code Geass
    Gurren Lagaan
    Gundam 00
    High School of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Are you referring to the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA or The Second Barrage or something completely different?
    ahaha, i've gotten my info mixed up, the manga is resuming soon and so there should be more anime made of it.

i watched black lagoon years ago - seasons 1 and 2 in one sitting... so they kinda just became one season to me xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ahem
    I did not.

unfortunately, highschool of the dead manga only has 29 chapters which is why the anime is so short...
    Last edited by kaiden; 20th March 2013 at 01:48 AM.

Oh excellent! - A great topic for a thread & really, I can't believe that it hasn't come up until now?

My 1st curiosity with Anime (That I actually identified as Anime ) was when I was about 6 or 7 y/o with the 12 part OVA series The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor.

From then on it's been a bit of a love affair ever since, as Guyver introduced me (& my younger Brother ) to what we basically rationaled it to at the time as 'Cartoons for Adults'.
    Guyver was quickly followed up with both of the Battle Angel: Alita OVAs, one of the Devil Man OVAs as well as the original Appleseed OVA, it has been a long road since these but allow me to share with you some of my favourite Animes:

A trio of series that I've not all too long ago viewed that I thought were friggin' awesome & highly recommend are:

...and for those whom like Robots and/or even Super Robots! - I've recently partaken in a Mecha Madness Marathon, which contained the following BOTastic Animes:
    (*NOTE: Actually seen prior to marathon )

(*NOTE: The Above seen as part of Marathon )

I've neglected to mention DragonballZ until this point namely because I feel that it is a series that everyone should see in one form or another because as with many others I saw the series via CheezeTV & is the reason for being late to SO many classes during High School , but a couple of other shows that I've seen bits of that I want to actually checkout properly at some point are Cowboy Bebop & the Super Robot Wars OVAs (+ the 2 series).

At present though, I'm currently going back through and watching Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex & Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd GIG as well as Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society; as when my youngest Brother & I watched each series the 1st time, we had procured some 'digitally relocated' copies of the episodes and were playing them on a DVD Player that for some utterly perplexing reason decided t play them in an order that I've still not been able to rationalise or replicate...

So now I'm watching them in Proper Chronological Order, I've very recently completed GITS:SAC after having acquired the US Boxset (To my door, literally half the price of the Australian Release ) so having this arrive yesterday:

...and with GITS:SAC-SSS on its way from Madman Entertainment's warehouse, along with Ghost in The Shell: Arise due later this year/early next year! , I pretty confident in saying that Ghost in The Shell is my defining favourite Anime series.
    (Extremely closely followed by Guyver )

Appleseed, great film. Second one was ok but i felt not as good. Now you make me wanna watch it again lol.

I have to post what i got when i get home from work, but i really enjoyed Fist of the North Star series. I gotta find the rest. And Vampire Hunter D was good but i really liked Bloodlust better. Only thing was the book was quite different to that movie, alot darker and badass.

The movie Ninja Scroll was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    The movie Ninja Scroll was brilliant.
    True, first time I saw it was when I was on a bus trip back home in Philippines. They show free movies coz the trip is 3 hours long . I thought this is an interesting albeit really violent and graphic anime to show on a bus hehehe.

I saw a comic adaptation of this as well but didn't feel I needed to buy it, it kinda picks off where the movie ends a few months or years after the events in the movie.

Also nice Wicked city, prolly as graphic but Ninja Scroll feels better.

In the same way I first saw Spirited Away - a bus trip from the city to my hometown
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]