Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Lost Exo-Realm (Dinobots)

Interesting bit of speculation of TFW is that if they wanted to repaint these guys as Dinoforce, the six bots and the "riders" make more sense.

In which case the missing one might indeed be Ankylosaurus (holding a club in robot mode).

Argh! - Seriously considering cancelling my Fanstoys Soar preorder in order to get in on this line , Sludge is (Like many it seems ) my favourite Dinobot and I simply can't justify getting both Classics AND Masterpiece iterations of the Dinobots for both financial & space reasons.

I'd still be likely to pickup a WFC/FoC & Masterpiece Sludge, in addition to going whole-hog on these FansProject Dinobots, however - I really dig that these come with Dino-Riding Targetmasters (You're damn right SpiderKen17 ) and that they're clearly going to be of a substantial size.

Very curious to see what this mystery 6th member is though; I too reckon it's going to be an Ankylosaurus, based primarily on the seeming Club-like weapon, but also as Paulbot points out it'd work perfectly for an eventual Dinoforce/Dinoking repaint of the set.

Up for preorder at bbts, listed at $102.99

An Ankylosaurus or Spinosaurus would both be awesome. Looking forward to this line, I just hope they are less fiddly than some of the Causality toys.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I knew I had a good reason for sitting out on the MP-scaled excitement
    Same, I like the various MP dinobots, but for whatever reason I'm more keen on these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gINAKMd8XLY

heres the video review from peaugh

Fricking wowsers. Such clever packaging. That toy wins my money, but damn it that I need the TFcon version.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Was discussing this on Twitter earlier. Paddles seems to be the first guess (first official add on to the G1 Dinobot team). There's the medic in the IDW comics too who I forget.

My best guess is it will be a G1 version of an AOE Dinobot, the most highprofile of "add on" Dinobots. And of the two it'd be most likely Scorn, who is in the movie and a big dinosaur, rather than Slash, who's not in the movie and a small dino.

A spinosaurus transformer would be not too disimilar to a T-Rex, and LER-04 and LER-05 look like they have similar body shapes.
    Best guess I've seen is Slapper. Club weapon, doesn't really look like a Sludge-type body-shape (i.e. probably not a remold, which makes sense cost-wise), with visible non-flipper-y feet on the bot-mode arms in the silhouette.
    There is this not-Sludge remold from Mechaform though.

When this was announced I didn't really take much notice, I thought another new random third party having a crack at dinobots, and just ignored it Then I looked again and Fansproject was in the name, now I'm interested If one considers the masterpiece size bots, they are really big and almost double the price, this is a great alternative for someone who wants to collect within a smaller budget.

Hmm which online retailer should we aussies use, if anyone's got experience with service and shipping costs.

They are still pretty expensive for what is a essentially a CHUG figure (albeit a large one)
    Spiderken Away!