Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THE GREAT TF CROSSWORD PUZZLE

Thumbs up THE GREAT TF CROSSWORD PUZZLE

I've attempted to cover as much of the TF universe as possible. Big thanks to the tfwiki Let me know if there are any embarassing errors.
    Last edited by Lint; 24th November 2009 at 12:00 AM.

I don't have time to work on that now, but I'll print a copy off and work on it later! Thanks for this, it looks like fun!

Okay, here's my attempt. I wasn't able to answer them all. Anyone still having a go might want to not continue scrolling down.

"spoiler" space

I think some questions that were listed under "Across" should have been in "Down" and vice versa (see arrows). Some other thoughts...

Across
    1. My first thought was "Constructicon(s)" but there's only 11 squares.
    9. Now I've written "Zarak" in red because it doesn't fit with 4 Down ("Blitzwing"). Ummm.. I can't think of anyone who forms the head of Scorponok who has a 5 letter name started with W and ending with K (since 10 Down is Kremzeek)
    23. I would've thought "twist ties," but there's too many squares for that. Yeah, I don't know this one. It sounds like a kinda subjective question... for _me_ the most annoying aspect of modern packaging is twist ties anyway. I think it'd be better to stick to factual questions.
    29. "Longrack" fits but the "K" conflicts with the "E" in Gelshark (27 Down). At first I wondered if 27 Down might be Skybyte, but it doesn't fit into those squares whereas Gelshark does. Btw the "N" seems to go down to form some 7 letter word (fourth letter being "U" if I got 31 Across right), but there's no clue or even number for it.
    31. See, now again I'd say the answer would be "Underbase," but then the "B" conflicts with the "H" in Gelshark.
    33. "Botcon" fits in the number of squares but the "T" conflicts with the "R" in Gelshark.

...other than that, all the other blanks are just ones I couldn't work out. :/

Btw which program did you use to make this crossword?

Thanks Gok, i've found two rather glaring errors in the crossword that I will rectify shortly.

27 29 down you should have a closer look at the clue.

I used an online generator http://www.puzzle-maker.com/CW/ to make the base skeleton of the puzzle and painstakingly filled in the gaps using my own clandestine knowledge of TF lore. The puzzle itself I built in MS Excel.

FIXED!!!

No really, fixed now!
    Last edited by Lint; 24th November 2009 at 12:00 AM.

Okay, here's what I'm stuck on...

s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s
    p
    a
    c
    e

ACROSS
    1: A team that forms Devastator, seems to start with "D" (as I put "DiCola" for 1 Down) and has 11 letters. ???
    12: Four letters... I'm guessing either "Grand" or "Fire." Not sure which one as I haven't solved 2 Down yet.
    19: The lower-case "a" in "animated" is confusing me. How can a character be 'toy only' and 'animated' (i.e. appears in a cartoon)?? Did you mean "Toy-only Animated (capital "A") character"? i.e.: toy only character from the Transformers Animated line? If so, there's more than one toy-only character in Animated such as Dirge, Oilslick etc. With 5 spaces "Dirge" would be the more appropriate response, but the first "only" in that question has confused me too. <cries> (T_T)
    25: I can only think of "twist ties" but there's too many spaces.
    33: ??? So far I got _i_e_a_s
    34: ??? Four letters, I got "S" as the first letter.

DOWN
    2. ??? I have __e_____r___ so far. Doesn't help.
    7. Again, no idea. I got M____m_____s so far.
    8. Dunno. I got _a__p_____
    13. I got "a" as the 3rd letter and that's it.
    18. I think you meant "18 Across" for this one? I think the answer to this is "Mustang" but I'm hesitant to write it down in case I'm wrong later (as I haven't solved any of the intersecting words).
    23: No idea. I got "s" for the last letter.
    32: ?? I have n__u___ which doesn't help. Could you tell me which particular Jetfire this question is referring too?

Anyone else able to help?

I had a crack at this to, Im stuck on 8 questions which is really annoying me.
    the ones I'm stuck on are

Across:
    1. The only thing I could think of besides constructicons is decepticons but it doesn't line up with the answer to 2 down
    12. I dont know the japanese names for the various convoys well enough but if my answers to 2 down and 7 down are correct then it starts with s and ends in r.
    25. Dont have a clue
    33. Cant work this one out either
    34. same as the previous 2

Down:
    13. I was thinking animated but it doesn't fit
    23. No idea
    32. AS for jetfires accent I cant think of anything

The ones your missing are

Across

19 is dirge

Down:

2 is omega supreme
    7 is micromasters
    8 is hate plague
    18 is mustang

Well 13 down is classics I just noticed it then

Great crossword, Lint. Goki, see if these help:

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    12: Four letters... I'm guessing either "Grand" or "Fire." Not sure which one as I haven't solved 2 Down yet.
    'Star'.

19: The lower-case "a" in "animated" is confusing me. How can a character be 'toy only' and 'animated' (i.e. appears in a cartoon)?? Did you mean "Toy-only Animated (capital "A") character"? i.e.: toy only character from the Transformers Animated line? If so, there's more than one toy-only character in Animated such as Dirge, Oilslick etc. With 5 spaces "Dirge" would be the more appropriate response, but the first "only" in that question has confused me too. <cries> (T_T)
    It's 'Dirge'.

25: I can only think of "twist ties" but there's too many spaces.
    Try 'Twistyties'.

33: ??? So far I got _i_e_a_s
    'Sideways'.

34: ??? Four letters, I got "S" as the first letter.
    I guessed 'Star' but it might be wrong.

DOWN
    2. ??? I have __e_____r___ so far. Doesn't help.
    'OmegaSupreme'.

7. Again, no idea. I got M____m_____s so far.
    'Micromasters'.

8. Dunno. I got _a__p_____
    'HatePlague'.

13. I got "a" as the 3rd letter and that's it.
    'Classics'.

18. I think you meant "18 Across" for this one? I think the answer to this is "Mustang" but I'm hesitant to write it down in case I'm wrong later (as I haven't solved any of the intersecting words).
    You're right that this should be 18 Across and yes, it is 'Mustang'.

32: ?? I have n__u___ which doesn't help. Could you tell me which particular Jetfire this question is referring too?
    Just got this one - 'Nebulon'. It's Cybertron Jetfire.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 26th November 2009 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks guys! So it seems that the only ones we're still collectively stuck on are 1 Across and 34 Across (I don't think "Star" would be used twice would it?).

Any chance for more clues for these, Lint?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    Just got this one - 'Nebulon'. It's Cybertron Jetfire.
    I would never have guessed that as I've never watched the Cybertron dub (only Galaxy Force)! Cheers.

Thanks guys! So it seems that the only ones we're still collectively stuck on are 1 Across and 34 Across (I don't think "Star" would be used twice would it?).

Any chance for more clues for these, Lint?
    The three I don't have (assuming I'm wrong about 34 across) are:

1 Across. A team that forms Devastator. D________O_
    34 Across. Can scream for a really long time. S___
    17 Down. Didn't save Sentinel from Megatron. (I'm not sure, is it 'army'? I wrote 'arse' for fun, but I'm fairly sure that's not right ) A___

TI would never have guessed that as I've never watched the Cybertron dub (only Galaxy Force)! Cheers.
    It's actually a really bad Australian accent. He's basically Steve Irwin.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 26th November 2009 at 04:19 PM.