Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Crossfire Bruticus - Extensive Gallery

Default FansProject's Crossfire Bruticus - Extensive Gallery

Seibertron has released a very extensive Toy Gallery of Crossfire Bruticus.

It is even more impressive than I thought! He comes with extra weapons for the Gestalt such as Dual Machine guns which can be stored on his back! The main gun can be transformed into a shoulder mounted weapon.

Here is the article

Toy Gallery

This is why we need 3rd Party upgrade and accessory kits. Without them we would have to be satisfied with the original release of the mold or lame Powerecore combiners

People who only go for official toys are seriously missing out!

Damn I want that. But lacking funds to buy it and Bruticus himself

I saw these pics earlier today, the comparison between Vanilla Bruticus Maximus and FansProject Classics/Universe 2.0 Bruticus tells the story quite well.

Oooh Doggy, I can't wait for these to arrive!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's a rather simplistic view - it depends on what you're willing to spend really.

If you want what is a decent combiner from one large mold and doubles of two small molds, then the standard Bruticus is fine - it's probably the best of the three Energon combiners (unlike Superion, which was mostly shite without the upgrade). For 70 - 80 AUD you can't ask for much more than you get in the box set.

If you're willing to spend more than double the price of a leader class figure (which I am) then you get what you pay for - a (much) nicer combiner with more points of articulation, more weapons, and different molds.

My point is it's not an even playing field really, I don't think direct comparisons can be drawn

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    That's a rather simplistic view - it depends on what you're willing to spend really.

If you want what is a decent combiner from one large mold and doubles of two small molds, then the standard Bruticus is fine - it's probably the best of the three Energon combiners (unlike Superion, which was mostly shite without the upgrade). For 70 - 80 AUD you can't ask for much more than you get in the box set.

If you're willing to spend more than double the price of a leader class figure (which I am) then you get what you pay for - a (much) nicer combiner with more points of articulation, more weapons, and different molds.

My point is it's not an even playing field really, I don't think direct comparisons can be drawn
    Now that's over analyzing a tongue in cheek comment. I still think they are missing out though regardless of cost.

Man, why'd you have to go and put that picture up Kup?
    I can't stop staring at it, I want it so damn bad!

For me, I didn't look at this combination of Official and 3rd Party figures in terms of a cost benefit analysis.
    Instead I saw the Official figures as something to add to my small Classics/Universe 2.0 Decepticons fleet, all along thinking what could've been?, i.e. what if HasTakTom had done this..., Then I saw that Fansproject were producing an upgrade kit that was in the same vein as their Superion upgrade kit and I knew then I had to get a set, because what I saw in my mind was being realised in physical form.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Man, why'd you have to go and put that picture up Kup?
    I can't stop staring at it, I want it so damn bad!

For me, I didn't look at this combination of Official and 3rd Party figures in terms of a cost benefit analysis.
    Instead I saw the Official figures as something to add to my small Classics/Universe 2.0 Decepticons fleet, all along thinking what could've been?, i.e. what if HasTakTom had done this..., Then I saw that Fansproject were producing an upgrade kit that was in the same vein as their Superion upgrade kit and I knew then I had to get a set, because what I saw in my mind was being realised in physical form.
    Yeah and you get two brand new figures too, not just the upgrade. For two high quality deluxe figures with lots of accessories, it is certainly worth the price.

This extra add on kit is so sick!!!! Noticed that FP used the same paint app/shine or whatever so that they matched when put together. These guys are the best 3rd party tf makers out there very detailed and alot of effort put into thise.Well done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think you're absolutely right.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Missing out on what?

Meh, if you take the time to look at it, you'll see it's not that great.

The two original toys look way out of place.
    The back cannons dwarf its head. It's not the sdf-1.
    The shuttle is way too long, (it's not macross frontier) and the feet can't sit flat due to it having wheelies.
    Last edited by SofaMan; 26th July 2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------