Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Crossfire Bruticus - Extensive Gallery

i love this!!! (and its not just cos im a bruticus nut.. well... maybe it is... ).
    those articulated hands are just awesome!!!

my only 2 gripes are:
    1) there is no chest shield
    2) FP should have just made a complete giftset with their take on all 5 figures rather than upgrade hasbros junk. Apart from the fact that the 2 new figures that FP designed are far superior compared to the designs of the original 3 hasbro figures, thus looks a bit out of place, the entire system still relies on those crappy energon combiner joints which have a tendency to pop apart when you to try to transform/pose bruticus. Even more evident with the universe reissues. With a full and proper giftset, FP would have given us a better/stronger connection system for all 5 new figures.

Dont get me wrong, i'm still gonna buy at least 2 pairs, the above was just something i noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    i love this!!! (and its not just cos im a bruticus nut.. well... maybe it is... ).
    those articulated hands are just awesome!!!

my only 2 gripes are:
    1) there is no chest shield
    2) FP should have just made a complete giftset with their take on all 5 figures rather than upgrade hasbros junk. Apart from the fact that the 2 new figures that FP designed are far superior compared to the designs of the original 3 hasbro figures, thus looks a bit out of place, the entire system still relies on those crappy energon combiner joints which have a tendency to pop apart when you to try to transform/pose bruticus. Even more evident with the universe reissues. With a full and proper giftset, FP would have given us a better/stronger connection system for all 5 new figures.

Dont get me wrong, i'm still gonna buy at least 2 pairs, the above was just something i noticed.
    I totally agree that would have been best but the price for the full set would have probably ended up being $250-$300 or so. I don't think many people would go for that.

I reckon that for their Superion kit, they should redo Silverbolt and maybe a limb or two. Silverbolt really sucks in that set and his crap design makes the whole figure unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Missing out on what?

Meh, if you take the time to look at it, you'll see it's not that great.

The two original toys look way out of place.
    The back cannons dwarf its head. It's not the sdf-1.
    The shuttle is way too long, (it's not macross frontier) and the feet can't sit flat due to it having wheelies.
    Ok, I see that by the time I got home the "fanboy" and "spoo****" references are gone.

I considered writing an objective reply that goes along the lines of 'third party products are so ingrained in everyday life, they're ubiquitous. Just think 3rd party products that are used with iPhones like software, covers, case protectors; or third party products like AMG kits, rims, spoilers etc for cars... list goes on....'

But I think I'll just say this.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Missing out on what?
    That's the point isn't it. You don't know what you are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    That is amazing! It's much better than I originally thought with all the extras it comes with and properly combining weapons. I didn't know those awesome looking guns separated into two smaller versions.

This is Bruticus as he was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

He should now

Ok, I see that by the time I got home the "fanboy" and "spoo****" references are gone.
    Funny that...

But I think I'll just say this.
    Oh well, more for others to enjoy, looking at you 1AZRAEL1.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That is amazing! It's much better than I originally thought with all the extras it comes with and properly combining weapons. I didn't know those awesome looking guns separated into two smaller versions.

My sentiments exactly Kup, who could turn up such an awesome set of Combaticons when all HasTakTom give us, is this :

Attachment 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

My sentiments exactly Kup, who could turn up such an awesome set of Combaticons when all HasTakTom give us, is this :

Attachment 2016
    Conceptually (for me at least), that is even worse than the vanilla Energon combiners. At least the limbs on those transformed!

3rd Party figures rock!
    Last edited by kup; 27th July 2010 at 12:17 PM.

Looking pretty good, I'm not a huge fan of paying big bucks to upgrade my TF's, however when new toys and this level of detail are involved.......

By the looks of this thing the only thing that would make it better is if they included alternate heads for the Hasbro Combaticons.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    that is so awesome!!!
    i dont care if it takes another year to get them...
    it'll still be worth the wait.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm sure you would have said the same thing about the first add-on kit. Don't worry, something better will follow this in the future and you'll say that again.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    He should now
    Nope. I still don't get it. Sure I watched the video, sure the new robots look good, but, even after I pointed out my percieved flaws, you guys are unbelivable. Must. not. critique. anything. or else get ostracized for it.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------