Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Pardon my ignorance... but what's so special about this acquisition?

Wasn't the original Bluestreak, blue anyway?

(I'm kidding, nice acquisition there HD... thought I'd just post something different instead of 'wow', 'awesome', etc )

Very nice indeed. Remarkable condition & you can at least die happy knowing your lifes mission is complete

So now since the silver G1 toy is called Bluestreak, HD should call his blue Diaclone Bluestreak toy Silverstreak! Muahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    that would hurt

NIce one HD!! on top of that it's FREEEEEEEE!!!! magic words!!
    Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    very nice mate... happy for ya!

janda
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Holy crap that car is just pure METAL SEX!
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    *snip*

But now i want to see a pic of Blue-Bluestreak, Marlboor Wheeljack and Police Sunstreaker all together!
    Unfortunately, would have to disappoint you because I no longer have the Marlboor Wheeljack. It was part of the deal (which I will elaborate on later). heh.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I don't even want to know how much you paid for this toy, but wateva makes you happy. Are you gonna get Bluestreak reprolabels for it? (I totally would) You should repurpose the Diaclone pilot as Augie Chaney... maybe he's decided to join the Autobots in their fight against the Decepticons, especially the Stunticons - and he's wearing a kind of special battle armour.
    I might get reprolabels but just for the arm stickers cos those are a little mangled. I do want to keep all parts and stickers of this figure as original as possible though.

Not sure about repurposing... heh. To me, this is as much Bluestreak as the USA silver version!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Wow!
    Thats it - Osaka is on the must get to list ... The guide on your blog is awesome.
    Osaka was awesome. Must check out!

WoW! Awesome HD! You are definitely in the top 3 collectors that I've known of with so many rare acquisitions and the money power to do so. Simply amazing!

Very cool HD! Makes me smile this big for you

Also, he looks mean as hell in robot mode.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    wow. very nice my friend. Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That is awesome! Congratulations in acquiring you holy grail!
    Thank you, sirs!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Impressive HD. I thought about tracking one of these down a couple of years ago but ended up getting Anime Streak instead as there was news of a KO 'blue' Bluestreak about to flood the market. I wouldn't have said no if someone gave one to me for free though
    Fortunately, the "KO" blue Bluestreak has still not flooded the markets!

However, I have to say this - in terms of the exactitude of construction, paint apps, quality of the plastic and overall QC, any reissue pales in comparison to vintage pieces, but even vintage G1 pieces pale in comparison to the diaclone/ pre TF pieces.

It could be mold degradation or something, but the feel is just vastly different. For example, if you hold and transform a diaclone sunstreaker, you'd know what the mold is meant to do and what it feels like - no loose parts, joints has a certain feel to it, etc. Even a 1984 TF sun streaker pales in comparison.

That's why, to me, getting the diaclone blue streak is very important, despite the deluge of reissues for this mold out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Nice work HD - did you send off the wheeljack first or the other seller with the bluestreak? heh ..... I saw something over on tfw in a particular social group about this trade a day or so ago - Pretty exciting!
    Good question!

Here's how the deal was cut.

It was a cash plus "value" deal. Background was that I had offers for marlboor wheel jack left right and centre. The offers range from USD$2000 to USD$4500.

The deal was that the TFW guy pay an amount somewhere in between, and he offered to throw in the MIB Blue into the mix (he knows money is not going to be good enough to convince me).

Blue brought me across the line and he immediately became preferred buyer despite the cash amount being less than the highest offeror.

Payment was a bit more complex because we have never dealt with each other before. However, I convinced him that he has to pay me the cash value AND the value we place on Blue before I would send him marlboor.

Once he received marlboor, I would "refund" him the cash value we placed on Blue and then he would send Blue as if I was purchasing from him.

It may sound strange at first, but I think that that's the only way to make trades of this nature work where the parties don't know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    However, I have to say this - in terms of the exactitude of construction, paint apps, quality of the plastic and overall QC, any reissue pales in comparison to vintage pieces, but even vintage G1 pieces pale in comparison to the diaclone/ pre TF pieces.

It could be mold degradation or something, but the feel is just vastly different. For example, if you hold and transform a diaclone sunstreaker, you'd know what the mold is meant to do and what it feels like - no loose parts, joints has a certain feel to it, etc. Even a 1984 TF sun streaker pales in comparison.
    I would agree with this. The moulds would be the first runs ever and everything just seems 'crisp'. Plus you have Japanese workmanship and care in the cutting and assembling of parts.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Good question!

Here's how the deal was cut.

It was a cash plus "value" deal. Background was that I had offers for marlboor wheel jack left right and centre. The offers range from USD$2000 to USD$4500.

The deal was that the TFW guy pay an amount somewhere in between, and he offered to throw in the MIB Blue into the mix (he knows money is not going to be good enough to convince me).

Blue brought me across the line and he immediately became preferred buyer despite the cash amount being less than the highest offeror.

Payment was a bit more complex because we have never dealt with each other before. However, I convinced him that he has to pay me the cash value AND the value we place on Blue before I would send him marlboor.

Once he received marlboor, I would "refund" him the cash value we placed on Blue and then he would send Blue as if I was purchasing from him.

It may sound strange at first, but I think that that's the only way to make trades of this nature work where the parties don't know each other.
    Goodness, a complex deal but worth it! Looking forward to part 2 of the full story (with pics!) on your blog

This tread makes me smile just because I know, HD, you would have one at the moment the size of a freight train.
    Congratulations mate, how insanely cool it is to see you finally acquire an un-obstructed Blue-Bluestreak Box-art piece, only to have that followed up with an incredibly minty Blue-Bluestreak figure only days later.
    I look forward to seeing what this amazing acquisition is followed up with, I know what I hope it is...

I continue to say it, but HD - You are the Master of 'Seek and Acquire'!