0 0%
  • Prime (2011-14)

0 0%
  • Robots In Disguise (2015-current)

1 1.82%
  • Other (please specify)

1 1.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Generation of Transformers did you grow up with?

I have been thinking about this thread and my kids... while they have watched G1, Beast Wars/Machines, RID (2000). They have actually grown up on RID, Prime and Rescue Bots. These are the cartoons that they get up and watch (when on) in the morning or they watch on Netflix. You ask them their favourite characters and its Sideswipe, Drift, Strongarm and Grimlock. Its only a few years away until they might be voting on polls like this

It was G1 for me, but early '90s reruns, not the original '80s broadcast. Likewise, the bulk of my childhood toys were Classic reissues with gold packaging.

Default i grew up with the orginal g1

i was lucky enough to grow up with the original transformers,made my parents buy me toys and borrow toys from friends when we played with em.i still have a vintage hot rod which is missing some screws and his sticker is peeling off,but have managed to keep some of my collection whilst updating new ones.my latest purchase would be megatron.yes he transforms into a gun but i cant read the japanese instructions and i think i threw it out-i paid like $200 for that bad boy and it displays nicely in my room as a upright robot as i gave up trying to transform it into a gun

Post-Movie G1.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtran69_toy_collector View Post
    my latest purchase would be megatron.yes he transforms into a gun but i cant read the japanese instructions and i think i threw it out-i paid like $200 for that bad boy and it displays nicely in my room as a upright robot as i gave up trying to transform it into a gun
    Considering that you've paid nearly triple the original price for that toy, I'm surprised that you chucked the instructions out or haven't tried transforming it into gun mode. Also... the toy comes packaged in gun mode, so you've evidently transformed it to robot mode. Did you discard the instructions after doing so? Anyway, my video review of G1 Megatron/Megaplex demonstrates how to transform the toy from gun to robot mode (skip to 2:20). Simply reverse the order to transform to gun mode. Alternatively, here is a scan of the original Megatron's instruction booklet.

There should be a multiple choice. Some of us where still technically 'growing up' from G1 to Beast Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtran69_toy_collector View Post
    i was lucky enough to grow up with the original transformers,made my parents buy me toys and borrow toys from friends when we played with em.i still have a vintage hot rod which is missing some screws and his sticker is peeling off,but have managed to keep some of my collection whilst updating new ones.my latest purchase would be megatron.yes he transforms into a gun but i cant read the japanese instructions and i think i threw it out-i paid like $200 for that bad boy and it displays nicely in my room as a upright robot as i gave up trying to transform it into a gun
    That sounds crazy to me.

G1 Megatron is a fairly easy toy to Transform unless you mean the Masterpiece release (MP-5). Even so, I would not throw out the often well illustrated instructions just because I can't read the language and as Gok mentioned, G1 comes in gun mode. That is what leads me to believe you have the MP release as it comes packaged in robot mode and it is a considerably more complex toy for those without an engineering mind or do not want to be challenged.

G1. I'm old

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Anyway, my video review of G1 Megatron/Megaplex demonstrates how to transform the toy from gun to robot mode (skip to 2:20). Simply reverse the order to transform to gun mode.
    Never knew you did video reviews. Why'd you stop? This one was quite good and informative.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 24th June 2016 at 11:53 AM.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Never knew you did video reviews. Why'd you stop? This one was quite good and informative.
    Parenthood. I'm trying to get back into it (just recently made video reviews of Titans Return Wheelie and Rewind). But honestly I really do just prefer text reviews. Still, things like transformations are often better portrayed in video than text. I'm thinking about making "mini-reviews" or "toy appraisal" videos rather than full on reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Parenthood.
    Say no more
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]