Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite character that didn't get a toy?

Default What is your favourite character that didn't get a toy?

Just wondering what characters have slipped through the cracks without representation (or maybe even decent representation ).

Because I myself don't have an exhaustive knowledge of what figures have been made I will open a second part of the question to:

What figure did you really want that wasn't available growing up?

For me in question 2, i always wanted G1 Ultra Magnus but he wasn't sold in my home town. I ended up saving xmas and birthday money for 2 years straight in the hope it would be released. It didnt happen so i got my voltron set and headed down a different path

The original G1 Megatron, for obvious reasons. As far as characters who've never had a toy, I'd say...
    * G1 Arcee; and part of me actually wants a Headmaster Arcee. I would seriously consider getting one if they made her in Titans Return.
    * Emirate Xaaron. I used to have this generic yellow rubber robot toy that I used as Xaaron when I was a kid.

Quintessons, I realise they probably shouldn't transform, with respect to story and Canon, and if they were sold as transforming toys it would be a bit weird but I feel that any Transformers shelf would probably benefit from a couple quintesons hiding in the shadows.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Quintessons, I realise they probably shouldn't transform, with respect to story and Canon, and if they were sold as transforming toys it would be a bit weird but I feel that any Transformers shelf would probably benefit from a couple quintesons hiding in the shadows.
    ^ This!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Emirate Xaaron - he was in the UK Gen1 comic a fair bit for a non-toy character, and it was really weird to me that he never had any sort of toy, even a token toy that barely looks like him (like Jhiaxus has had several times now), or even by the Collector Club... who gives us really obscure characters that no one has ever heard of.

Since Xaaron was apparently a small combat tank a long time ago (but could be anything at any time, as characters change their alt-modes all the time)... I think the Japanese combiner Nosecone without the drill accessory would work as a UK Gen1 Xaaron, with a head that looks a little Megatrony.

Animated Strika, Cyclonus, and Red Alert.

Interesting on the Xaaron one. I didn't even remember him.
    An extension of that would be G1 Impactor for me. I don't think there were enough "tough guy" Autobots the decepticons had way better alt modes in general and more substance to the figures.

Yes. Definitely the Quintessons.

Aside from them, Ser-ket from Rage of the Dinobots. She was so clearly a repaint of Beast Hunters Ripclaw. I thought BH was a huge misstep for Prime but I was willing to get that mold if it was painted as Ser-ket.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

The Quintessons from G1 (though my 3rd party ones aren't bad)

The Constructions and Omega Supreme from Animated

Deathcobra from Alpha Bravo and DOTM Skyhammer.

Rack n Ruin could use a toy as well.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose