0 0%
  • Prime (2011-14)

0 0%
  • Robots In Disguise (2015-current)

1 1.82%
  • Other (please specify)

1 1.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Generation of Transformers did you grow up with?

Beast wars!
    And to a lesser extent beast machines but I didn't get to see much of it since I didn't have fox kids so only got to watch a couple of episodes at a friends house

By around the time The unicron trilogy came out I was just reaching the end of primary school but beast wars is my first. What I grew up with and the one that holds the biggest place in my heart

G2 but then Beast Wars. The first TF I ever got because I asked for it - as opposed to getting it second-hand as a gift - was Laser Optimus Prime, and I adored it.

Beast Wars started a little later, and at first I hated it, because I was used to G1 having watched a few episodes here and there and rented both the movie and the Rebirth over and over from the video shop. But I soon got into the better toys and characters.

I started collecting properly around the time Armada started, but Beast Wars is what really got me into Transformers.

Talking

Jeez G1 still popular
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

G1!

I watched the reruns of the G1 series in the early 90s. I dont know whether they are reruns or first runs because during that time Malaysia didn't really get first hand on TV shows from the US.

It's stuck with me ever since and G1 and the current Generations are my main collectibles in my collection.
    "To buy or (not) to buy"

G1 reruns was the big one for me, which led to Interest in Cybertron when it hit. I had toys from Cybertron, so I phased into it more as time went, until the movie.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Jeez G1 still popular
    This isn't a popularity poll though. If anything, the poll is just popular with older people.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I agree, there'd likely be a correlation between a "How Old Are You" poll and this one.

I was 5 in 1984 - perfect age to grow up with Transformers.

Sure, but unlike age polls people won't need to revote on this one in future. I was mainly curious to see if the proportion of G1 and post-G1 kids have changed as more post-G1 kids seem to be participating in the fandom. When I first joined OzFormers, 100% of members were obviously children of G1. As of the time of typing this post, the poll results indicate 71% of respondents being children of G1.

I flicked between G1 and G2, and ultimately landed on G2. In reality, *my* G1 is Euro G1. Turbomasters forever!

I got into them because I had friends that had older brothers and they were amazing toys. The first toys I got were the gold box / cardback reissues, and then the Euro G1 releases.

I think I was in Year 4 / Year 5 by the time BW was out. Pulled away during Beast Machines, but was pulled back in by the first RID line when I saw Ultra Magnus - and I instantly wanted him, because I had always wanted one as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Jeez G1 still popular
    Was kind of going for the whole 'we are old' thing with that statement
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...