View Poll Results: What's your favourite Prime Wars toyline?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Combiner Wars

12 41.38%
  • Titans Return

16 55.17%
  • Power of the Primes

3 10.34%
  • I skipped all lines; couldn't find any appeal

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prime Wars Trilogy: which was the best toyline?

There have been too many interesting discussions started here in the last week and I cannot presently attend to them (except for voting Titans Return in this poll). And then tonight I became aware of more info on the coming Siege toys (of both factions thankfully) and so I'm now even more overwhelmed. I cannot even...

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't like trying to shoehorn the entire line into one gimmick. I feel it's totally unnecessary.

For this reason, while good, TR is my least liked of the three. Yes we got some great toys but some of those characters would have been made so much better by not being headmasters. Also, trying to make each of the legends being able to be piloted ruined some of them.

CW was great. All of the original combiners got fantastic updates and anything that would have been considered an issue was fixed by Takara. The extra figures who weren't originally combiners were a bit of a waste for me personally, however I thought they did a good job of balancing out the line for people who wanted their mainstay characters.

PotP is where it's at. They didn't overly stick to a formula, with the battle/armour gimmick able to be largely forgotten. Fantastic characters brought back in the Terrorcons (the best combiner of the trilogy), Punch/Counterpunch and an amazing figure in Beachcomber.

Ultimately though, I like to view the trilogy as one big output. Cherry picking from each series really provides a golden era in modern transformer toys.