View Poll Results: MP19 Smokescreen - worth buying?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 93.55%
  • No

0 0%
  • Only if

1 3.23%
  • Zero Interest

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-19 Masterpiece Smokescreen

Default MP-19 Masterpiece Smokescreen

Toy Review - Smokescreen
    Series - Takara Masterpiece
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - MP Car
    Wave - MP-19
    New/remould/redeco - remould
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price - 6825Y - $50-74AU (depending on where and when you bought)
    Approximate Size - Bit bigger than deluxe
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Datsun Fairlady 280ZX
    Main Features/Gimmicks - retractable dual shouder cannons
    Main Colours - Red, white and blue with 38 on the doors
    Main Accessories - Gun , 2x shoulder cannon , Bio card

He was one of my favourite figure as a kid because of the colour I guess , it so bright and stand out from the rest of the cars .
    Just like the other MP Datson in transformation and articulation . His alt mode looks stunning and the paint app on him with the word decal are very nicely done and glossy , the only problem with my one is there was a scratch just above the back wheel which they try to cover it with another white paint.
    I also like how he is different from the other Datson car by having a front bodykit , back spoiler ,different back lights , a totally different head and even the shoulder transformation of which the wheel being on the top of his shoulder now , totally setting him apart . All his joint are very stiff and some part you really have to force a snap to fit into place like his body to his chest ...The only problem I have is that his gun doesn't fit into his hand properly (The holes) but the hand closes around the handle tightly so it keep it in place. He look great in both mode and very accurate to the cartoons and a must have for any masterpiece collection
    Last edited by lancalot; 22nd December 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Smokescreen is my favourite version of the mould. He is the best looking in alt mode (although Bluestreak is very close) the colour scheme and front bar really add to it.

Paint application is great with mine being pretty much flawless. The only issue mine has, which is fairly common from what I have read is that he has trouble holding his gun correctly in his right hand.

Overall though, Smokescreen rocks. Buy him
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Still waiting for mine to arrive..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Megatran Guest

Colour scheme is fantastic ...... red, white and blue goes really well with the Western Bulldogs Football Club (Go Doggies!!!). My favourite of the three with this mould. I'm considering getting another one to display in bot and alt mode.

My only niggle is trying to snap lock in place his mid section to the bonnet in bot mode. I find it takes some brut force.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Still waiting for mine to arrive..
    I know what you mean. It isn't even posted, still sitting around in HLJland.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    My only niggle is trying to snap lock in place his mid section to the bonnet in bot mode. I find it takes some brut force.
    I just don't worry about that part. For posing it doesn't have any negative effects on him so just leave it not clipped
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Colour scheme is fantastic ...... red, white and blue goes really well with the Western Bulldogs Football Club (Go Doggies!!!). My favourite of the three with this mould. I'm considering getting another one to display in bot and alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I just don't worry about that part. For posing it doesn't have any negative effects on him so just leave it not clipped
    Man , have you tried to unclip it !! I was scared the whole bonnet going to snap off transforming him back to car mode!

With the the decal on him I was surprised that he doesn't have a "Sun , Moon "
    on his front kit like on the commemorative art cover .....

So I did a quick custom to make him the way I always picture him , got a water slide for the word and put a grill behind the front kit, and fixed his launchers

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Love him! I've been really impressed with all 3 Datsun moulds - all very unique! Smokey is no exception.

I really though I would like Smokescreen the best of the 3 Datsuns given that I have a soft spot for the character, rally inspired colours and bodykit but the hollowness of the front bodykit in bot mode really bothers me and makes the figure feel a little gappy. I like how they made the shoulder blasters connect and reckon they should've done a similar thing for Bluestreak's shoulder cannons. Nobody wants to see those things through the windshield in car mode.

Nonetheless this still leaves Bluestreak as my favourite of the 3.

Now that Smokescreen is out I'm definitely loving these 280z MP's more than the Countaches. They certainly feel like more love has been put into them by the design team.