Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yeah i know, but it's the community manager aspect that's bringing all his brand mis-management in front of the public eye. If he had any clue at all, he'd ruin the line anonymously! I just don't know what he hopes to achieve reaching out to the fans with his bullshit, it only makes things worse.
    Because as an egomaniac that actually thinks that his management is great because they are all his ideas ('and how can I be wrong, I am awesome!'). Then as a true sociopath, he will blame the fans 'lack of enthusiasm' for any failures as he can't fathom the fact that something he's done wasn't a good idea.

He is already blaming the failure to sell enough subs on just "the price increase" as the only detractor despite hundreds of people saying that there is a lot more to it than just that.
    Last edited by kup; 26th July 2012 at 09:52 PM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Oh well, I hope all this is just a bad era in MOTU history and soon the fandom can go back to normal. Unfortunately I fear that the Org is forever tainted as a place for fans to freely discuss and enjoy the franchise.
    The Org's had a bad reputation for a long time, as I'm sure you know. But it has definitely gotten worse in the last 12-18 months. In fact, I stopped posting there for a year or so (except the occasional post in the Australia Thread only) because it was so hostile and moronic. But I gotta say, I've posted more there in the last week or so than I have in the last 3 years... all because of this Cluster**** of a job Scott's done with 2013 Subs. Sure, it's escalated, but he's the catalyst for all this.

The same thing happened with other lines too... Mattel loves lines that can churn out repaints and slight re-tools. God help us if they ever got their hands on TMNT. That's why they love MOTU so much - basically the same buck for most figures. They did the same with Ghostbusters and DCUC. They feel they need to stretch the line out with endless repaints and re-tools. Trouble is, after a while, people start to say "hey, I don't want all these filler figures, I want the A list characters". Case in point, we had to wait nearly a year to get 4 Ghostbusters (and they're not even a complete set - 3 are gloveless, 1 is gloved ), because they had fillers in between. We've asked for proton streams and stuff like that, but Scott says it can't be done right now. Why not??? They already exist... and it's want the customers want!! And Scott has said repeatedly that they had no intention of releasing the DCUC Superpowers Penguin, seen at SDCC a year or 2 ago... Why? Fans are demanding it!!

Too much filler in the lines has now also affected MOTUC. Customers want Ram Man, A-list PoP characters, etc... but Scott has seen characters like Chief Carnivus (which he wanted) or Mo-Larr as more important. Too much filler (trying to stretch it out for maximum $$$) has effectively killed the line... it seems to be a flaw in the Mattel model.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    If he had any clue at all, he'd ruin the line anonymously! I just don't know what he hopes to achieve reaching out to the fans with his bullshit, it only makes things worse.
    He's done that to several brands already... he has a track record. It's probably a lot longer than we know!

Trouble is, he really thinks he's a celebrity now. MOTUC was great while he had his ego in check, but now his rock star attitude, and dismissive behaviour has alienated too many people. And the terrible decisions he's made (yes, he's admitted he made the character choices) may leave us without important A list characters, but at least we'll have Spector, Cy-Chop, Mo-lar, Star Sisters, and the FFM.

Right now, I wish I wasn't banned so that I can set a lot of the idiots at He-Man.org straight.

There are some morons ganging up on EthernianChronicles and attacking him (her?) with a lot of stupid nonsense that only shows how mindless and stupid they really are. If I could post I would be able to take some of the heat away and put them down.

The latest Roast Gooble Podcast with Scott is so infuriating. Aside from the fact that Val and the Gang (who proclaim to be asking him the hard questions) are really just giving Scott a beating with a wet leaf of lettuce... Scott's answers are contradicting themselves. He's going around in circles, and dodging important questions by blaming "Mattel Legal"... ah yes, those pesky, faceless lawyers in the back room.

I made this to counter the original...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    The latest Roast Gooble Podcast with Scott is so infuriating. Aside from the fact that Val and the Gang (who proclaim to be asking him the hard questions) are really just giving Scott a beating with a wet leaf of lettuce... Scott's answers are contradicting themselves. He's going around in circles, and dodging important questions by blaming "Mattel Legal"... ah yes, those pesky, faceless lawyers in the back room.

I made this to counter the original...

That's awesome! Nice one

Begun listening to the Gooble. All that Scott does is blame it on the price increase. WTF? The whole board is full of people saying that is but the 'drop that spilled the glass'. There are lots of more fundamental reasons for people stepping away. I am sure if the line was competently managed, fans would be a lot more forgiving of price increases.

No one seems to be asking "the hard questions" they are just opening the gates for Scott's tired old rhetoric. It almost feels like Fox news when they are interviewing hard right Republicans, nice friendly questions that only serve as avenues for more rhetoric.

Is this carved wood? An amazing talent.

This article from Toy News International seems to also get why subs are not selling:

Start showing some actual faith in your own product: I get that you want to have a number of guaranteed sales so you reduce your chance of taking a loss, but you know what the other message you are sending with that policy is??? You don’t have faith in your own products. If you don’t have faith in your products enough to make enough stock so the figures aren’t constantly selling out then why should I have faith in it as a consumer?
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=18973

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Is this carved wood? An amazing talent.
    Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    This article from Toy News International seems to also get why subs are not selling:
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=18973
    I think it actually sums up some of the problems with Mattel's thinking... and offers some solutions. It's what many of us have been saying for years - I can only speak for myself, but I agree that the Sub Model is seriously flawed and doesn't work for MOST people. Of course, some people love it, but there are a lot of fans/customers who just "deal with it" in order to get all the figures, but that still doesn't mean the Sub actually works for them...

Before Jitsu's preorder sold out at BBTS he was 49.95. These are NOT 50 dollar toys.

*Sigh*

It's starting to make sense to me to buy a sub for 2013.

Dammit.