Page 346 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 326336341342343344345346347348349350351356366 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, it was me The only problem you're gonna have Sharky is that they have set sizes for their display cases. They are -

Transformers Optimus Prime Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Megatron Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Cassette Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Combiners Acrylic Display Case (which IMO are crap)
    Transformers Minicar Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Cars Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Jets Acrylic Display Case

I would suggest contacting them at custserv@toygrader.com to request a quote for a custom-size acrylic display case which they can do.

Hope that helps!
    i did size them up and put in the custom dimensions on the custom case page.. the cases come in at $38.90 odd each so i am not sure if that is expensive or worth the price

i cant remember what i paid for these guys either....

aside from that is the quality of the cases good?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, it was me The only problem you're gonna have Sharky is that they have set sizes for their display cases. They are -

Transformers Optimus Prime Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Megatron Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Cassette Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Combiners Acrylic Display Case (which IMO are crap)
    Transformers Minicar Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Cars Acrylic Display Case
    Transformers Jets Acrylic Display Case

I would suggest contacting them at custserv@toygrader.com to request a quote for a custom-size acrylic display case which they can do.

Hope that helps!
    And I..... the Jet cases are bad news if you ever want to get the item out again!

Overall the quality is good. Be aware of shipping costs as they usually use fedex.

It depends do you ever think you will open them?

Just looked up the AFA population reports - neither of these sets have ever been graded!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i did size them up and put in the custom dimensions on the custom case page.. the cases come in at $38.90 odd each so i am not sure if that is expensive or worth the price

i cant remember what i paid for these guys either....

aside from that is the quality of the cases good?
    Their prices range from about $20 (carded toys) up to $50 (boxed leaders) so 38 bucks for a custom case isn't that bad.

The quality of the cases is awesome. Just be careful when inserting the box into the case because they have a 'place-holder' for the box flap and if this isn't dead straight, it's an absolute pain in the ass to get it in.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Just looked up the AFA population reports - neither of these sets have ever been graded!
    If SC is right you can potentially have the one and only AFA MISB piece on the market! I'd suggest sticking with toy grader as well (although you might have to fork out the extra cash for quality casing i.e. shipping etc). I know there are quite a few places overseas that also manufacture acrylic cases for vintage collectables, but you'd have to do a google search since I'm not too familiar with them.

CSG is another big fish in acrylic casing aren't they? Pretty sure they're based in Singapore or somewhere in south east asia, so shipping might not be as dear as toy grader.

Just one last suggestion - if you end up asking toy grader to quote you on just the plain case, it might be interesting to find out how much extra it'll set you back to actually get it graded. I mean, you're already paying for the shipping; so it might be worth going that extra mile and boost the value of the MM set. Just food for thought though; since grading may or may not be in your area of interest.

Good luck sharky, let us know how it goes. I'm sure other members on here would be very interested.

BTW that's a very beautiful MM piece. IMO I reckon it'll nab around 80-85 on the AFA meter. Minty fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    CSG is another big fish in acrylic casing aren't they? Pretty sure they're based in Singapore or somewhere in south east asia, so shipping might not be as dear as toy grader.

BTW that's a very beautiful MM piece. IMO I reckon it'll nab around 80-85 on the AFA meter. Minty fresh!
    Keep clear of CSG they are bad news, many reports of the owner interferring with the items, grading his own etc over on tfw....

Yeah they are very nice pieces - Its great seeing the art work on the back of the boxes from the different series!

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    *Snip*

yeah these two are great pieces and i would like to protect them a little more
    i might look into getting them graded se what the cash flow is like....

thanks for the advice guys
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Can anyone remember what the botcon non-attendee packages costed last year?
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    is the expense of the cases justifiable
    I've gotten a few custom cases from AFA, and the quality is excellent, and they are manufactured to fit exactly the measurements you provide. Note that the packing and shipping cost almost as much as the the cases themselves. Your MISB Micromasters definitely look case-worthy.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Can anyone remember what the botcon non-attendee packages costed last year?
    I found that they have archived the PDF brochure up on their botcon website.

$305 for members, $375 for non-members - plus postage.