Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay will not be directing TF5

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Don't let people who did robocop and total recall touch it. (Rebooted)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Surely this image is saying it's superior to be concise and make your point. I'm not sure that posting it again and again and again is really delivering an understanding of that message.
    Wouldn't be Gok if he didn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Wouldn't be Gok if he didn't do that
    Rofl.

C'mon... hands up who really thought Bay wouldn't be involved in future Transformers movies?

From a recent Cinema Convention in America...

Paramounts Vice Chairman Rob Moore, highlighted several upcoming sequels and reboots.... He also promised the theater owners that Michael Bay was hard at work developing a fifth Transformers movie since the first four have made an astounding $3.7 billion worldwide, music to the ears of this crowd which is ALL about box office. But first Bay is directing Thirteen Hours, a war movie set around a daring rescue mission in Benghazi that is already set for release on Martin Luther King weekend next January. Bay’s also producing a sequel to last summer’s successful ($485 million worldwide) reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle franchise, Ninja Turtles II, set for June 3, 2016.

Although, to be fair... it says Michael Bay is working on "developing" the next Transformers Movie (as a Producer), NOT directing it... so it was always going to be likely that his production company would have him involved as a Producer on future Transformers Movies... but not necessarily Directing the next one.
    (he still could be Director... if he decides as its Producer that he is the best person for the job, but this isn't an announcement that he is Directing the fifth movie)

I'm pretty happy if bay does it. I want him to finish what he started. Would love to see shia again as well.

remind me to avoid the boards in 2017
    I don't think i can handle another bout of "my childhood, ruined forever!" or "the franchise is down the toilet"

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I'm pretty happy if bay does it. I want him to finish what he started. Would love to see shia again as well.
    Not sure about Shia anymore. I used to really like him in the movies he did as a teen-early 20s, but now he's just doing a lot of crazy stuff lately that would distract people from the Movies (the good parts at least).

He's behaving like someone who has no reason to live, so is doing random bizarre things for the hell of it because he doesn't care about the consequences. He's already been seen heavily drinking, so drugs are probably already in the mix... which would lead to an overdose eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    You need a doctor...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not sure about Shia anymore. I used to really like him in the movies he did as a teen-early 20s, but now he's just doing a lot of crazy stuff lately that would distract people from the Movies (the good parts at least).

He's behaving like someone who has no reason to live, so is doing random bizarre things for the hell of it because he doesn't care about the consequences. He's already been seen heavily drinking, so drugs are probably already in the mix... which would lead to an overdose eventually.
    I don't read into all the media on celebs. I just enjoy them for how they act and to finish what they did. I watched tf2 the other night, i really enjoyed seeing him in the movies again.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    You need a doctor...
    Thanks......

Apparently Hasbro want/expect Transformers 5 to be released in 2017, so that's obviously not confirmation of a 2017 release year. I'd wait for a statement from Paramount or Michael Bay's website.

Me? I'm glad Bay is still involved - from an artistic 'consistency' point of view it's good to have commonality between instalments (and yes, cinema is 'art' - perhaps not all of it is 'high-brow' art, but art nonetheless).