Page 531 of 870 FirstFirst ... 511521526527528529530531532533534535536541551 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 8691

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

A sad day day indeed...

I bought many transformers from Uncle Pete's Wgong.

Only CW Thundercracker and Windcharger are left at Uncle Pete's Castle Towers (in the Legends class). Some Deluxes as well.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Only CW Thundercracker and Windcharger are left at Uncle Pete's Castle Towers (in the Legends class). Some Deluxes as well.
    Yeah, I bought the Silverbolt.

I hope Uncle Pete's restocks and all the other stores pay attention. The fact that the Combiner Wars figures are nearly gone should bring a message to the stores not to overstock on the toys no-one wants (even though you think they will) and instead bring in what will actually sell.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Oh! - Sorry, didn't you know?

Well for the benefit of all those who're reading this thread from the Illawarra and surrounds, as well as those with an interest in Independent Toy Stores too I guess:

The Illawarra Mercury: January 12th 2015.

Here's a brief snippet of the story which basically gives all the necessary details.

I haven't been out to Shell Harbour Square to be able to confirm for certain, but going off of some of these comments it'd seem that the Shellharbour store is also closed.

Bit sad really, this is the store that supplied me with many an early '06 Classics figure, including the 2x "Deluxe" Deluxes that now reside in Trev's collection as well as a number of ROTF Human Alliance Mudflaps (That were HELL of rare) that I middle-manned for fellow members, including Griffin.

Sadly, for Wollongong, this is just another in a long-Long-LONG list of businesses that have closed down and means that we'll be even more reliant on Sydney stores and Online Retail.
    I didn't know about this, but it's unsurprising really. That is was my closest toy store so whenever I was in town I would wander in but they never had anything new. The TF section, as of 2 weeks ago, was STILL clogged with DOTM toys like leader Sentinel Prime for $99 and RTS Tracks for $30. So if they stocked other lines like they did TFs then this was really inevitable.

I remember once they had an Encore Sky Lynx, with a severely damaged box, for $250
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The sign of the roller door on the shellharbour store, said that there were two breaches of lease that the store did not fix and the lease was ended

Toys r us shellharbour must of did some damage to sales as well

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    The sign of the roller door on the shellharbour store, said that there were two breaches of lease that the store did not fix and the lease was ended

Toys r us shellharbour must of did some damage to sales as well
    It happens but I love going to Uncle Pete's/Toyworld/Casey Toy's/Toymate/Whatever it's called because they usually stock toys you can't find anywhere else. Toymate at Ryde has some Transformers that aren't normally available anymore (like the Prime deluxes), Uncle Pete's at Tuggerah turned into a place which had Transformers nowhere else had for a while (I got Prime deluxe Rumble and Kup from there, and was also the first place I saw Jetfire when it was $79.99!), and even a few other stores had stuff you can't find anywhere else. It's a shame to see stores like Wollongong and Blacktown to be shut down, but it's no surprise when the only ones that the website mention are still open are the ones in Castle Hill, Erina, Brookvale, and Manly Vale, and even the one in Erina was closed for a while due to a fire.

EDIT: ok so the ones at Tuggerah and Macarthur square aren't mentioned on the Uncle Pete's website, but are mentioned on the Toymate website.

Uncle petes tuggerah has nothing Cw at all, only a few bh deluxe sound waves and lazer backs as well as some AOE stuff

I have been looking in the Tuggerah store about twice a week since it opened. So far I have only bought two transformers from them. Thats only two new first finds in all that time. WFC Megatron and Darkmount when they first came out. Even my 7 year old Son knows its a lost cause looking every week.

Its Sad but I know why they close down. The NEW Casey's is just as bad since it got the new owners after the original owner Ron sold it. Then it started to suck with the second owner... Then the third owners after the Fire and the shop is really bad. So bad in fact I wish it never reopened. It sure as hell should not be pretending to be Casey's Toyworld a shop I have been with since the early 1980s. The original Caseys was Huge and had some Awesome stuff. People had a reason to travel to Erina for a toy hunt. But not now.. Its just the same as Tugerah and Toymate.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Its Sad but I know why they close down. The NEW Casey's is just as bad since it got the new owners after the original owner Ron sold it. Then it started to suck with the second owner... Then the third owners after the Fire and the shop is really bad. So bad in fact I wish it never reopened. It sure as hell should not be pretending to be Casey's Toyworld a shop I have been with since the early 1980s. The original Caseys was Huge and had some Awesome stuff. People had a reason to travel to Erina for a toy hunt. But not now.. Its just the same as Tugerah and Toymate.
    But that's not even the worse I've seen.

I used to go to this Toyworld in Port Macquarie and it had a lot of stuff. However sometime between 2012 and 2014, they moved from near Settlement City to a smaller shop in the CBD and it was just depressing. I expected so much but there was just so little. The amount of Transformers they had there was forgettable and it was really disappointing