Page 199 of 481 FirstFirst ... 179189194195196197198199200201202203204209219 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    BTW, Why is 'matching paints' funny. My idea was just to get the right paint from the chassis number.
    There will actually be a colour code on the compliance plate. It will be better to see if a panel beater can make you up a pot of matching paint.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    well the idea of getting the paint from auto cheap and it acutally matching, you might luck out but alot of colours need matching after the paint has been made up from the computer.

Some colours might have up to 10 different variations for the one colour ive seen a couple of colours that have about 20 variations
    Variations meaning it might be bluer, reder, darker, lighter etc etc
    In saying that though toyotas are usually pretty good.
    I see. I was basing my comment on my previous experience on how easy it was to find paint that matched 1:1 for my previous car. I just gave them the color code from my car and they gave me green metallic paint spray that was identical. I used it a lot on scratches and after the paint dried, you couldn't even tell where the scratch was. I wish it was always that easy; as you predicted, they didn't have the color of my current car.

Mum got a new TV as a Christmas present, it's a crappy one by a no-named company named Soniq. Plugged it in, it turned on and was playing fine for a couple of hours.

Later she turns it on, but no image comes up. The sound is there, but the screen - NOTHING. PITCH BLACK. Tv is already broken within less than 24 hours of unpacking it. Figure its time to get this TV replaced, but as I call JB Hi-Fi asking them about their return policies the TV suddenly starts working again.

It better stay that damn way, and would anyone have any idea what is going on with it?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Mum got a new TV as a Christmas present, it's a crappy one by a no-named company named Soniq. Plugged it in, it turned on and was playing fine for a couple of hours.

Later she turns it on, but no image comes up. The sound is there, but the screen - NOTHING. PITCH BLACK. Tv is already broken within less than 24 hours of unpacking it. Figure its time to get this TV replaced, but as I call JB Hi-Fi asking them about their return policies the TV suddenly starts working again.

It better stay that damn way, and would anyone have any idea what is going on with it?
    What was she doing when she turned it on? Was it on normal television, trying to watch a DVD/Blu-Ray, etc?

Was she doing the same thing both times?

I've used Soniq products before. They last for about year then die. Ah well... they are very cheap. (ya get what ya pay for)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    What was she doing when she turned it on? Was it on normal television, trying to watch a DVD/Blu-Ray, etc?

Was she doing the same thing both times?
    About 2 hours beforehand she was watching the TV with a DVD Player plugged in. She then went to use the telephone, turned off the TV and DVD Player at the same time.

About another 2 hours later she tried to turn on the TV and DVD Player, they both turned on. The TV played the opening tune, but did not display anything at all. The blue button/standby button was active, but as said, no display.

We turned off the DVD player, tried turning it off and on again, and still, no display. I even moved the TV's plug to another port on a switchboard that has 3 other vacant ports and still, display was gone.

Then suddenly about 2 days later I just turned it on with the remote when calling JB Hi-Fi and it starts to work all over again. Next time this happens though, we're exchanging it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've used Soniq products before. They last for about year then die. Ah well... they are very cheap. (ya get what ya pay for)
    So I guess I'm expecting to exchange my sister's TV soon in the future as well...

Hopefully others can benefit from my ignorance here - If purchasing an item from overseas online (bar ebay), check the payment conditions to see whether they accept International Paypal before paying - not everyone does despite allowing you to pay with Paypal! I've been wondering why a pair of headphones hasn't arrived from the US (paid over a month ago) and this is the reason why. Wonder if they'll be kind enough to refund my money, they don't seem to have a problem accepting it!

Decepticon Guest

Went to my local Coles today and they have Easter Eggs!!
    Went to my local Woolies today and they have Hot Cross Buns!!

We are barely over Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Went to my local Coles today and they have Easter Eggs!!
    Went to my local Woolies today and they have Hot Cross Buns!!

We are barely over Christmas
    What seems to be the problem?

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    What seems to be the problem?
    Easter is another 4 months away