Page 21 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

My current MP-10 Optimus and MP-11 Starscream molds are the Hasbro versions, because I came late to the party with those particular figures. I've typically only collected the TT masterpieces (obviously they release more).

I'm debating whether to buy the TT versions at some point, but wonder whether it's money I should bother to spend.

Well, including postage I just spent over $500 on 21 Rescuebot toys from Amazon

My wife gets home in 2 days - I figure thats long enough to get my will in order

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well, including postage I just spent over $500 on 21 Rescuebot toys from Amazon

My wife gets home in 2 days - I figure thats long enough to get my will in order
    Or to get the car packed and high-tail it across the border

Megatran Guest

Clean the house. Scrub scrub scrub. Cook her favourite dish. Finally make sure the dog house is warm & cosy ... you're gonna need it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Or to get the car packed and high-tail it across the border
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Clean the house. Scrub scrub scrub. Cook her favourite dish. Finally make sure the dog house is warm & cosy ... you're gonna need it.
    Hopefully her wrath will be mitigated somewhat by the fact only 3 are for me. 6 are for our son, and the other 12 are split over two other friends. The idea is that we all got them all and will give them to our own sons as well as the other friends sons for their birthdays and Xmas so by the end of the year all three boys will have 6 Rescuebots. The three lads are so into Rescuebots that they were going to get them anyway - this way it saves having to buy extra gifts for friends kids

Hopefully her wrath will be mitigated somewhat by the fact only 3 are for me. 6 are for our son, and the other 12 are split over two other friends. The idea is that we all got them all and will give them to our own sons as well as the other friends sons for their birthdays and Xmas so by the end of the year all three boys will have 6 Rescuebots. The three lads are so into Rescuebots that they were going to get them anyway - this way it saves having to buy extra gifts for friends kids
    Thinking ahead is the way to go dude! That being said, chocalate & flowers as well. Just to be on the safe side
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    My current MP-10 Optimus and MP-11 Starscream molds are the Hasbro versions, because I came late to the party with those particular figures. I've typically only collected the TT masterpieces (obviously they release more).

I'm debating whether to buy the TT versions at some point, but wonder whether it's money I should bother to spend.
    I guess it depends how badly you want the Takara versions? If you prefer the look of the Takara version over the Hasbro version. Or if the Hasbro version just doesn't look right to you in your masterpiece display. I mean, it really comes down to personal preference.

I know the MP10s have slight paint variations (takara has darker blues and greys), I don't know about MP11 though.

Anyway, if you want to got the takara route, HLJ still has MP10 available:
    http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT39840/Sci

So you could sell your Hasbro MP10 and get that. Or even just keep both and display one in vehicle mode.

I was about to say, if they're for the kids you should be right. Have you ever been in trouble for buying a lot of tfs before?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post

I was about to say, if they're for the kids you should be right. Have you ever been in trouble for buying a lot of tfs before?
    Not 'in trouble' per se however she hasn't been happy at times when I've had a lot of expensive preorders come in over a relatively short period. Can't really blame her for that as for the most part she is very tolerant of my toy indulgences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post

I'd just keep the Hasbro versions.