Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Managed to find some new Lego locally - New Zealand, and the RRP certinally has increased. Mad me rather sad as I am going to have to be picky. I do find it funny though how a big Technic Crane is cheaper though than a smaller Star Wars or Indy Jones item, but I guess Lego has to pay for rights somewhere.

Question for the Australian Lego Shop ..
    Are items shipped from Australia or the USA/UK/Demark/elsewhere?

I remember my last couple of orders were shipped from Europe, but can't remember if they were from Denmark directly.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I do find it funny though how a big Technic Crane is cheaper though than a smaller Star Wars or Indy Jones item, but I guess Lego has to pay for rights somewhere.
    I had heard that Lucas was screwing Lego for a rather large amount for licensing.

Question for the Australian Lego Shop ..
    Are items shipped from Australia or the USA/UK/Demark/elsewhere?
    The last few items I have ordered have the Denmark address on the shipping box, but an Australian address for returns or undelivered items. My credit card invoice however has "Lego London" as the biller.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I ask regarding the Lego Shop, as the postage price kills any deals you may find. Up to $25, pay $25 in postage. And since all new items are RRP anyway, why not just walk down to the store..

I ask regarding the Lego Shop, as the postage price kills any deals you may find. Up to $25, pay $25 in postage. And since all new items are RRP anyway, why not just walk down to the store..
    From what I've heard, once you hit a certain amount for postage, it just stops going higher
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Apparently Lego increased the prices last year, but because of out good $ at the time, we were buffeted from the price rise. Now the dollar is crap, so we get the price rise.
    I also suspect Lego is trying to protect itself from the financial crisis, so they kept prices at the increase so they can add some padding to their pockets even though oil has dropped considerably.
    Annoying it is, I think it is kind of ok seeing as they are still a customer focused company.
    And if I remember right, still family owned.

And when there is a 10/20% off sale it drops. I swear it's a con K-mart is trying to do
    I just realised we were wrong over the weekend. The quadbike is actually $58 at K-Mart. $2 cheaper than RRP so with the discount it'd actually be better so we were being unfair there. Still pricey for the set though it does look very nice and I may pick it up as my first technic set
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

K-Mart Sale this week on Thursday with 15% off. I should be looking at buying next Wed. My 1st paycheck comes thru. Good to have money again Good time to get that Quad bike and clearance stuff.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

C'mon Pirate sets.
    Papa needs a new ship
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    C'mon Pirate sets.
    Papa needs a new ship
    That's really the only thing (6234 Brickbeard's Bounty) from the 2009 sets I want at the moment. Well that and the 7749 Echo Base (Star Wars).

I'm curbing my Lego purchases this year, no more impulse buys. Also I'm getting a bit pickier now with the sets.