Thread: Next wave Kabaya figures - Deformed style

Default Next wave Kabaya figures - Deformed style

Looks like Kabaya have stopped producing transforming model kits of mostly Gen1 toys after the Samurai Team that came out a couple months ago... as the next wave/set is non-transforming "deformed" Gen1.

There are three kits in this wave (Optimus, Megatron, Starscream), each with accessories... and chase translucent versions.
    To be released in May.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th March 2015 at 01:37 PM.

that's a shame.
    Just placed a preorder with HLJ for ¥2736 for a box of 8. It's on their home page if anyone else is interested

Megatran Guest

^ I thought plastic blobs didn't interest you.

With the box of 8, is there double ups? I can only see 6 figurines in the photos. And how tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ I thought plastic blobs didn't interest you.

With the box of 8, is there double ups? I can only see 6 figurines in the photos. And how tall?
    There are six figures, but the translucent ones are "chase" figures, so expect a case of 8 to have maybe 6 or 7 regular ones, and 1 or 2 chase figures.

Ideally, it "should" have two full sets of regular figures to a case of eight, and two of the three chase figures... but we probably won't know the ratio until later when details are released to JP Hobby magazines.

(but knowing how Kabaya have been in the past with their master cases NOT being a multiple of 3 for some unknown reason, they probably won't have complete sets of regular figures this time either )

Since Kabaya are going to start doing Deformed style, it's probably worth mentioning that another Japanese company has been doing similar licensed figures that you apparently build like model kits too.
    Kotobukiya started with Optimus/Convoy on January 27th and Megatron which came out April 17th, and then June 30th is a black Optimus redeco, while later are Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker.