Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Generation 2012 volume book coming

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I got 2011 volume 2 from eBay in the end. The seller did write his name in the book though . I've got this edition on order with HLJ.
    Smart ass :P Furman wrote the comic in it didn't he?

So I was actually going to asK - Do you know if the 2012 has comic content?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Yes there's a preview image here of a comic page with second year Pretenders (like Pincher and Doubleheader); to go along with a Pretender themed "Collection Maniax" it seems.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 22nd April 2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Added link

Yes there's a preview image here of a comic page with second year Pretenders (like Pincher and Doubleheader); to go along with a Pretender themed "Collection Maniax" it seems.
    Cool, thanks.

... which reminds me, I have a bunch of Steppers to offload...

Apparently this was released about a week ago (April 21st) - I was surprised to find it at BotCon from one of the JP dealers.
    I was even more surprised at how "current" it is, with quite a few items that have only recently been revealed to fansites, so aren't even released yet.

There's a huge poster attached to the inside of the front cover of various United toys in action poses.
    The classic theme for this issue, as already noted in posts above, is the Pretenders concept... which may have been inspired by the recent Classics toys Thunderwing & Skyshadow/Blackshadow homage toys. (I wouldn't be surprised if TakaraTomy have looked at continuing the theme by doing their own Metalhawk after FunPub pulled off a decent homage).

The sections in the book:
    - TFPrime cartoon, characters & JP Voice Actors.
    - TFPrime toys & Microns (including single-pack Microns, showing us an Optimus & Bbee Microns like the Wave 2 Microns), plus the First Edition series.
    - 4 pages of the upcoming Garigari-kun/Iceblock Transformers, including prototypes and transformations.
    - MP Starscream, MP Sunstorm, United (only the two waves released earlier this year, plus Stepper & US Gen Junkheap & Skyshadow), Encore Soundblaster & Twincast, BAPE grey Optimus, last year's Disney Mickey pair, EZ Wave 2, Revoltech Bbee, the last two sets of Kabaya Models (showing off some combinations of the new Protectobots, and that Hotspot can even form the battlestation 3rd mode that the original toy was supposed to have).
    - TF3 toys, including various JP & US exclusive toys, mechtech weapons and gold coloured lucky-draw figures.
    - a page of pics of that JP Winter Ice-sculpture.
    - 11 pages of Gen1 Pretenders, including designer interviews and some design drawings of unproduced toys.
    - Catalogues from JP 1991-1995.
    - Movie Props (or replicas of movie props) of Wheelie, Frenzy & Brains (their alt-modes).
    - Production process (drawings & prototypes) of Striker Optimus, The Ark, some Human Alliance figures, some small TF3 figures, and Kabaya Protectobots.
    - More from current designers and Marketting, including a small section on the recent SG convention.
    - 3 pages on the United Stepper and how to get it.
    - B&W comic, featuring (only) the Gen1 Pretenders.

Inside the back cover jacket, a gallery of all the previous (recent) Generations books, as a checklist for those wanting to collect them.

hmmm my HLJ preorder hasn't come through yet for final payment etc.

I'll be following this up.

hmmm my HLJ preorder hasn't come through yet for final payment etc.

I'll be following this up.
    Isn't Japan/HLJ basically on it's Golden Week holiday? Not sure, but a lot of sellers arn't shipping currently because of it. HLJ are slow to charge/ship regardless.

HLJ are back from holidays and asking for my money.

Can I ask how you guys will go about claiming the exclusive Artfire? I was reading some of the terms and conditions somewhere and I'm sure it says they wont ship Artfire ext. from Japan. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Having a friend in Japan, or buying from ebay/dealer is the only options outside of Japan.

Thanks Griffin,

I did some research a found a forwarding service in Japan.

http://www.tenso.com/en/

It looks like they only charge a one off handling fee of around $8 depending on conversion rate + international shipping cost.

It will come down to whether I can pay for artfire and the shipping to this forwarding service via paypal/cc as the forwarding company does not accept cod or pay on delivery etc.

Anyway my 2012 book is on its way from HLJ as I write, so I'll post my success' and/or failures up here when artfire is available to order.