Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Titans Return display at NY Toyfair

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Well Hasbro has unveiled their new Titans Return line and I must say wow. Check out all the pics here courtesy of TFW2005.

List of reveals include:

Titans Return Chaos on Velocitron set (formerly, Speed set) – Quickswitch, Nautica, Fastlane, Optimus Prime (Generation 2), Rodimus Prime
    Siege on Cybertron set – Pounce, Metalhawk, Tidal Wave, Magnus Prime (Ginrai), Thunderwing
    Deluxe class Twin Twist
    Deluxe class Windblade
    Legends class Cosmos
    Legends class Seaspray
    Titan Master Ramhorn

Voyager Blitzwing
    Voyager Octone
    Leader class Overlord
    There's my shopping list

FatalityPitt Guest

I'm happy because we're finally getting Pounce (and hopefully Wingspan will follow). Pounce And Wingspan were my first ever Transformers as a child. But dammit, the only way I can get Pounce is by buying that uber-expensive Seige on Cybertron set

EDIT: Other reactions:
    - Ah, so we are getting another Windblade.. Doesn't look too shabby.
    - I missed out on Generations Cosmos and Payload, so I don't actually mind a cosmos re-pack.
    - I know the original G1 toy Blitzwing's face was purple, but Da-yum!

Well i'm disappointed that unless TT releases a bunch of the characters from the two sets individually I'm going to have to buy the sets with characters I don't want.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Well i'm disappointed that unless TT releases a bunch of the characters from the two sets individually I'm going to have to buy the sets with characters I don't want.
    But it is worth it for that diecast Rodimus Star.

Titans Return is getting better and better!

It's a shame that they kept Optimus' shoulder pylon thingies on Octane, which are sculpted after Prime's ear pieces, but everything else on him is perfect. The colors are just spot on!

Overlord is everything I expected him to be, so no real surprise here.

Twin Twist is really smart re-mould, and he looks fantastic. So does Seaspray.

A bit disappointed that they did at least give Quickswitch and new beast head.

I'll bite and get G2 Prime too. It's a real fun mold.

As for the clones, I'll hold out for individual releases. And it'll be illogical for them to not do Cloudraker and Wingspan It'll be interesting to see the identical bot modes realized with modern engineering.

Well I know who I'm getting:

Deluxe class Twin Twist
    Legends class Seaspray
    Voyager Blitzwing
    Voyager Octone
    Leader class Overlord

Probably also maybe Magnus Prime and Tidal Wave as well. Hope hasbro makes a god bomber
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I'm happy because we're finally getting Pounce (and hopefully Wingspan will follow). Pounce And Wingspan were my first ever Transformers as a child. But dammit, the only way I can get Pounce is by buying that uber-expensive Seige on Cybertron set
    Meh, I'm sure TT or Hasbro Asia will release a slightly-less-expensive 2-pack set, and/or there'll be a 2-pack reissue somewhere down the line.

Pretty cheeky of Hasbro with that Magna Prime though. Hope they do an Apex Armour release as well.

Yeah I'm just going to go ahead and buy them all

I do hope we get the Velocitron set, but the Prime is fugly. I only want Nautical, who looks divine.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The two exclusive multi-packs are a surprise, for being so big - each has a Leader, a Voyager, 2 Deluxes and a Titanmaster - the price will be enormous... especially here if we get them. They have the equivalent of about AU$210 worth of toys in them, and if TRU or Myer get them, expect $300 just because of the size of the box.

It's just disappointing that each one looks to have a new mould in the set, as well as exclusive characters. Particularly the Clones - if their partner is released at regular retail, the Clone in each of these sets can't remain exclusive to these sets, or else fans will be really upset. I guess Hasbro don't need to worry about bad decisions now that they don't have to face the wrath of fans anymore with no more BotCons.

It also amazes me that Hasbro have done another big boxset, after poor sales of the big 2014 Movie boxsets and the similarly sized Autobot Movie 5-pack from last year, that never showed up in most countries, and was hard to find in Asia and America.

And one is a BBTS exclusive? They aren't the big online source they used to be for Transformers, now that there is a lot more competition compared to when they last had exclusives (Seacons and Battle Unicorn). And neither of those sold out, prompting them to heavily discount them in the end. I can't see them taking on too many, and if they do, they are likely to be significantly overpriced, to the point of still sitting on them a couple years later.