Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Surely that is what is in store for season two?
    #30's solicit says "the Lost Light becomes the most dangerous place in the universe!" which I think could mean the DJD show up in that issue.

An interesting concept (an "Autobot" Megatron in the comic, that could prompt Hasbro to release a cheap Autobot redeco toy)... after I posted last August, a query about if it had ever been done before, as either a toy or in fiction....

For some reason, Hasbro & TakaraTomy are able to release evil versions of Optimus toys, and fans are fine with it, but never* a heroic or Autobot version of a Megatron toy, that I can think of. (in the normal universe - not counting the Shattered Glass universe)
    (*later pointed out there were two, but possibly ONLY two in 30 years - T-Wrecks & Reverse Convoy)

So does this mean that the moral of the story from Hasbro & TakaraTomy, is that naughty/evil/criminal people never redeem themselves and become good... so there is no point in trying to turn over a new leaf and do something good?
    Would it really kill them (Hasbro or TakaraTomy) to have a "reformed" Megatron in at least one continuum to make it different/interesting
    I doubt they would have even known about some small query posted on a small fansite like ours, so I'm not saying that someone there picked up on it... but it is the right timing (8 months) for it to show up in the comic to be a nice coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    An interesting concept (an "Autobot" Megatron in the comic, that could prompt Hasbro to release a cheap Autobot redeco toy)... after I posted last August, a query about if it had ever been done before, as either a toy or in fiction....

(*later pointed out there were two, but possibly ONLY two in 30 years - T-Wrecks & Reverse Convoy)

I doubt they would have even known about some small query posted on a small fansite like ours, so I'm not saying that someone there picked up on it... but it is the right timing (8 months) for it to show up in the comic to be a nice coincidence.
    Maybe the up coming Generations Leader Megatron will have a badge swapping feature similar to Generations Dinobot.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

From the final Dark Cybertron it looks like Galvatron might be taking command of the Decepticons, which could plausibly be a permenant move considering his history in the cartoon. Finding a new place and relevance for Megatron seems like a natural step.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    #30's solicit says -----
    Wow, the DJD coming after their creator. That I'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Maybe the up coming Generations Leader Megatron will have a badge swapping feature similar to Generations Dinobot.
    Yeah, or TM2 Blackarachnia. It would be pretty amazing to have a major western Megatron toy with an Autobot symbol. But then, considering Leader Jetfire doesn't seem to have that gimmick, and he's the most iconic insignia-swapper in more than one continuity, it could well not happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Reformed Megatron toy w/ an Autobot rub sticker, but stick a Decepticon rub sign as a chase variant. There'd be no way to tell which one's the chase figure until the toy's been opened. Kinda harkens back to the old G1 Mini-Spies gimmick.

Have started reading this series and it's amazing. Just amazing.

Best. TF. Series. Ever. I hope it keeps it up.

So many characters, so many different motives, personalities and eccentricities, but the plot holds together so well. Up to issue #8 and the like many hoped here, I hope they stick around and join the Lost Light eventually.

So many of the lines of the characters either:
    - allude to history (world building)
    - build on reputations of existing characters (world building)
    - foreshadow future plot points

Ironically, this is the perfect toy commercial. As I warm to each character/group, I try to figure out if I have a good enough CHUG representation of them. I think for most we do but doubt the DJD will get toys anytime soon so I've been thinking which toys could form part of the DJD.

The other thing it did was make me not regret chasing down Black Shadow. The toy all of a sudden has a more important place in my collection now.

As much as I like the DJD, I do have a quibble with how Megatron could've spared them to be "Decepticon Police" if they're such a frightening mob? Better used on the front lines or strategically.

Some of my favourite moments in the 1st 8 issues:
    - Ratchet figuring out Pharma's plot and showing why he's -the- chief medical officer
    - Magnus teaching Tailgate about the Autobot code
    - Swerve opening the bar
    - Trailbreaker / Fort Max in the bar scene
    - Red Alert giving Rung the evidence of Overlord's presence
    - Misfire's introduction of the Decepticon 'Lost Light' crew to Fulcrum
    - Rewind / Swerve on rivet duty
    - Cyclonus' readers digest version of the war to Tailgate

So much more, I'm not mentioning but this is a hell of a series. Other comic series take years to have that many memorable moments these days with the deconstructed form of storytelling.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Have started reading this series and it's amazing. Just amazing.

Best. TF. Series. Ever. I hope it keeps it up.
    welcome to the adventure!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

So, the trades are being rereleased with new covers, along with RiD? or is this just a volume one thing?

Only volume 1 so far