Page 214 of 481 FirstFirst ... 194204209210211212213214215216217218219224234 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

It has only been 9 days since I had my gallbladder removed via a huge 17cm cut across my stomach but I'm getting so bored! Still at least another 2 or 3 weeks before I can work. I'm broke and bored and I hate it. It's driving me crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The thing is that sometimes when someone parks so badly that they are partially taking the space beside it, the person who tries to park in that space has to purposely park incorrectly in order to avoid being too close to the offending car. This causes a kind of chain reaction in the whole row..
    Oh, these cars weren't all right next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    It has only been 9 days since I had my gallbladder removed via a huge 17cm cut across my stomach but I'm getting so bored! Still at least another 2 or 3 weeks before I can work. I'm broke and bored and I hate it. It's driving me crazy!!
    Play with your toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    What the hell? Only last week I received a quote to have all 4 of mine taken out (under general) and was told it would be $1400, and even then I'll get a whole whack taken off from my private health. Time to get another quote maybe or are they doing other stuff too?
    It's possible that this is what Dentists charge in Sydney - Sydney is rip off city.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It's possible that this is what Dentists charge in Sydney - Sydney is rip off city.
    Certainly sounds like it, I'd be shopping around all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Really sorry to hear that. Sounds painful

After asking around the average price for getting the 4 teeth removed (from the same surgery!) is about 2k. Something dodge there, I'll be inquiring about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    After asking around the average price for getting the 4 teeth removed (from the same surgery!) is about 2k. Something dodge there, I'll be inquiring about this.
    Teeth are an expensive business. I have had 3 removed (2 wisdom) and it came to around $1300.

If you dont have any injection to numb you up it will be cheaper.

Which ever way you look at it, thats a lot of TF's you could buy with that money.

Go Medieval.

One thing I've learned from my time participating in Medieval/Renaissance re-enactments... medieval/renaisscance life SUCKED! Try going a few days/weeks without modcons... you'll be begging for a comfy bed, shower, pizza and a Coke real soon! (thankfully we were allowed to use modern toilets (and girls were allowed to use modern feminine hygiene products)). Makes you appreciate simple things like electric lights. Man... fire (incl. candles, lamps etc) really suck as sources of light compared to even the most basic electric torch!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One thing I've learned from my time participating in Medieval/Renaissance re-enactments... medieval/renaisscance life SUCKED! Try going a few days/weeks without modcons... you'll be begging for a comfy bed, shower, pizza and a Coke real soon! (thankfully we were allowed to use modern toilets (and girls were allowed to use modern feminine hygiene products)). Makes you appreciate simple things like electric lights. Man... fire (incl. candles, lamps etc) really suck as sources of light compared to even the most basic electric torch!

Keep in mind that you are only missing those things because you know about them. People in medieval times only knew of what they had.

Now having said that, life in medieval Europe was pretty horrible. Do anything new or innovative or simply stand out from the crowd and suddenly you have the inquisition on you. If you were born a peasant, your life expectancy would have probably been like 30 years.

Ironically enough, 1000 years before the Romans had baths and toilets which were not that dissimilar to modern ones (they had running water) so much of the medieval 'discomfort' was also due to the theocratic backwards mentality that gripped the western world of the era.