Page 324 of 467 FirstFirst ... 304314319320321322323324325326327328329334344 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It's called Project Helix. Stage one is the 12 games announced at E3 this year as Xbox Play Anywhere games. You buy the Xbox digital version and you can download it to Windows 10. I have already bought Forza Horizon 3 Digital Ultimate Edition for Xbox One. When the game unlocks on Xbox I can then download it on Windows 10. So I plan to start downloading it on PC the second it unlocks, but I'll play the Xbox One version while the PC version downloads. Windows 10 does not have preloading yet, hence the wait for release to download.

As for later stages of Project Helix. Microsoft is trying to get everyone from the big guys like Activision, Bethesda, EA and Ubisoft to support it, right down to the little one person indy devs. So hopefully every new game that is on Xbox One will have a Windows 10 Store version included if they make a PC version of the game. But unlike the version you download from Steam it will have Xbox Live as it's social back end. Which is great for me because everyone I know IRL is on Xbox, so I can play with them from my PC. Of course there are people who don't want Xbox Live as the backend so they can still buy the Steam or GoG version. I think most people will still buy the Steam version but the Xbox version is an option. Note that it appears PC players don't have to pay for Gold to play online.

As for the final stage of Project Helix. It appears Microsoft plans to allow all Xbox One games (including backwards compatible 360 and Original Xbox games) to eventually be playable on PC. There is a lot of talk from industry insiders that Microsoft is planning this. There was even a moment a the day before E3 that Xbox One and Xbox 360 games temporarily showed up as installable games in peoples Windows 10 Store.

Microsoft want more people to buy Xbox games, remember they get a $10 cut of every $60 USD game sold and an extra cut if it's a digital Xbox One game. So they are basically taking the Xbox One install base from 20 million or so consoles to the nearly 1 billion Windows 10 devices. They will keep selling consoles for people that want that experience, but if you want to play games on PC they got you covered there too.
    Thank you for your in depth explanation. It still sounds as if they want to get out of the console Hardware business but still maintain the Xbox brand as software.

It's called Project Helix. Stage one is the 12 games announced at E3 this year as Xbox Play Anywhere games. You buy the Xbox digital version and you can download it to Windows 10. I have already bought Forza Horizon 3 Digital Ultimate Edition for Xbox One. When the game unlocks on Xbox I can then download it on Windows 10. So I plan to start downloading it on PC the second it unlocks, but I'll play the Xbox One version while the PC version downloads. Windows 10 does not have preloading yet, hence the wait for release to download.

As for later stages of Project Helix. Microsoft is trying to get everyone from the big guys like Activision, Bethesda, EA and Ubisoft to support it, right down to the little one person indy devs. So hopefully every new game that is on Xbox One will have a Windows 10 Store version included if they make a PC version of the game. But unlike the version you download from Steam it will have Xbox Live as it's social back end. Which is great for me because everyone I know IRL is on Xbox, so I can play with them from my PC. Of course there are people who don't want Xbox Live as the backend so they can still buy the Steam or GoG version. I think most people will still buy the Steam version but the Xbox version is an option. Note that it appears PC players don't have to pay for Gold to play online.

As for the final stage of Project Helix. It appears Microsoft plans to allow all Xbox One games (including backwards compatible 360 and Original Xbox games) to eventually be playable on PC. There is a lot of talk from industry insiders that Microsoft is planning this. There was even a moment a the day before E3 that Xbox One and Xbox 360 games temporarily showed up as installable games in peoples Windows 10 Store.

Microsoft want more people to buy Xbox games, remember they get a $10 cut of every $60 USD game sold and an extra cut if it's a digital Xbox One game. So they are basically taking the Xbox One install base from 20 million or so consoles to the nearly 1 billion Windows 10 devices. They will keep selling consoles for people that want that experience, but if you want to play games on PC they got you covered there too.
    I'm more likely to buy an xbone after this announcement. Play the games on PC, get a cheap bone to do multi on the TV. I think it's a genius move.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    did you get one?
    Got my 1080 finally. Not going 100% smoothly. Got some graphics corruption earlier today, but an uninstall of the Nvidia drivers and reinstall seems to have fixed it. Got some odd slowdown in GTA V. The map screen on GTA V has never loaded 100% smoothly on console or PC, but the map screen really seems to chugging now. Also areas of the game world that really chug on other platforms seem to be an issue on the 1080. It's really funny to go from 100+fps down to a momentary 0.

Doom runs silky smooth sometimes hitting the 165fps limit of my monitor.

That's all I've tested properly so far, but did try a little Overwatch and it seemed silky smooth also.

It will take a couple of months for Nvidia to squash every bug the can in the drivers and then devs might still have to patch their games on top of that depending on the issue. That's what you have to put up with on the bleeding edge of PC hardware.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Doom runs silky smooth sometimes hitting the 165fps limit of my monitor.
    Noice, what res are you running at?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Dahmn son. That would of killed me. I've never had a game before the console
    I bought Sonic The Hedgehog the movie on DVD before I had a DVD player....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I currently own three PS4 games (including the most recent Arkham game and the latest TF game) but do not have a PS4
    I remember buying my ps3 so I could play Arkham Asylum. I think I bought a PS3 with it as a free game. Ha ha ha.

Looking very closely at buying a PS4, but wifey says no PS4 unless I get rid of the PS3. But then how do I play Okami???? And many other PS3 games I like to dabble in occasionally.

Man she can't do that! PS3 is a goldmine of cheap stuff atm, well worth keeping around. But if all else fails, you can send me those games and i'll give them a good home!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Noice, what res are you running at?
    2560x1440
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Man she can't do that! PS3 is a goldmine of cheap stuff atm, well worth keeping around. But if all else fails, you can send me those games and i'll give them a good home!
    I totally agree. You should say "You go before the PS3, thank you"

That's how I would handle it anyways

Man GTA V on PC is a mess. It keeps pegging all my CPU cores at 100% which apparently is a common issue. The better the graphics card you have the better CPU you need because apparently the more pixels the game pushes the more CPU horsepower it needs. For those of you not technically inclined that shouldn't happen, normally the CPU load for a game caps out at a point and the GPU takes all the rest of the load and if you have enough GPU horsepower these days you can get frame rates up to 200hz on high end displays.

I am actually thinking of using this as an excuse to buy a 6700k or even a CPU on the X99-3 platform just for GTA V. I know this is insane, but gadget lust is just as strong for PC builders as plastic crack is for Transformers collectors.

Today's Game Ready Nvidia driver seems to have fixed the graphics corruption issues I was having and also a couple of little niggles with the Windows desktop. I get the feeling that Nvidia pushed out the 1080 before it was 100% ready. I hate being an unwitting beta tester.