Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC - Userguide

Default MOTUC - Userguide

Now that Ozformers had a dedicated Mattel Section, with the MOTU/POP thread being the most popular, I thought I would start this thread.

This thread is basically to give some information on the property so it is not too daunting for people who are interested to get the information they need.

MOTU
    MOTU = Masters of the Universe. The original basis on what everything else was built on. Includes POG = Powers of Grayskull, an unreleased continuation of MOTU

POP
    POP = Princess of Power. The female version of MOTU and is what gave us She-Ra

NA
    NA = New Adventures of He-Man. A different location and a different toyline. This was a change in the franchise much like Armada was for Transformers

200x
    200x = Masters of the Universe 2002-2005. A relaunch of the original MOTU with a new design style and accompanying toyline

MOTUC
    MOTUC = Masters of the Universe Classics. An adult collector toyline (available online only) that encompasses all of the above properties under one umbrella

Below will be a constantly updated list of what figures have been/are being released in the MOTUC line and what franchise they were orginally from

MOTU
    He-Man
    Beastman
    Skeletor
    Stratos
    Faker
    Mer-Man
    Zodak
    Hordak
    Man-At-Arms
    He-Ro (first ever figure, originally an unreleased figure from POG)
    Tri-Klops
    Webstor
    Teela
    Scareglow
    King Randor
    The Goddess (first ever figure, originally seen in the mini comics that came with MOTU figures)
    Battle Armour He-Man
    Trap Jaw
    Battle Cat
    Moss Man
    Evil Lyn
    Wun-Dar (first ever figure only available in subscription. Based on a special promotion figure for Wonder Bread)
    Tytus (Originally an unreleased (except for europe) figure for POG)
    Orko
    Prince Adam
    Whiplash
    Gygor (first ever figure. Originally an unreleased prototype)
    Grizzlor

POP
    Adora (The alter ego of She-Ra)
    She-Ra

NA
    Optikk

200x
    King Grayskull
    Zodak
    Keldor
    Chief Carnivus

MISC.
    Mo-Larr (first ever figure based on sketch by TV show Robot Chicken)

General Information

The current MOTUC figures are sold on mattycollector.com

Figures go on sale on the 15th of every month (16th for Australia) with certain exceptions, such as weekends, holidays, etc.

The US release time is 12pm which usually works out to be around 1am-4am Australian time depending on timezone and Daylight Savings

The official release timeclock can be used to help with finding the correct time for your location (timeclock is the exact time figures go on sale in the US, 12pm)

Club Eternia Subscription 2011
    A subscription was offered for 2009 and 2010 that alleviated the hassle of missing out of figures that sell out quickly (and meant you didn't have to be online on sale day). The 2011 subscription will offer the following;

12 figures - Monthly
    4 A-List variant figures - Quarterly (can be Battle Armour Skeletor, Snake Armour He-man, etc.)
    4 army builder packs or oversized beasts (Panthor, Megator, etc.)
    An Exclusive Subscription only figure

The subscription does not include SDCC exclusives, Reissues, Weapons Paks and Stands

Shipping costs per figure. Prices are in $USD

No. - UPS - Slow Post
    1 - $50.55 - $9.95
    2 - $50.55 - $9.95
    3 - $50.55 - $15.55
    4 - $50.55 - $22.10
    5 - $50.55 - $28.44
    6 - $50.55 - $34.90
    7 - $71.05 - $41.40
    8 - $76.75 - $48.15
    9 - $87.50 - $54.65
    10 - $87.75 - $61.10

I hope this resource is of some help. Please feel free to add input and make corrections
    Last edited by TheFallen; 26th June 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I hope this resource is of some help
    That's useful, Raider. Gygor was actually a prototype for the early vintage line, not Powers Of Greyskull. And it's not the first Adora toy, just the first to look like her Filmation character. The first Adora toy was also the original She-Ra - she's actually packaged with her mask in 'Adora' mode - her action feature is that you have fiddle with her clothes and turn her mask upside down to make her She-Ra. She was a Transformer.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Now that Ozformers had a dedicated Mattel Section, with the MOTU/POP thread being the most popular, I thought I would start this thread.
    (snip)
    I hope this resource is of some help
    Good thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    And it's not the first Adora toy, just the first to look like her Filmation character. The first Adora toy was also the original She-Ra - she's actually packaged with her mask in 'Adora' mode - her action feature is that you have fiddle with her clothes and turn her mask upside down to make her She-Ra. She was a Transformer.
    Well, technically Raider is still right... it's the first toy we've ever got that is specifically labelled "Adora". But, we're splitting hairs I guess

This is a very handy thread, thanks!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

That's useful, Raider. Gygor was actually a prototype for the early vintage line, not Powers Of Greyskull. And it's not the first Adora toy, just the first to look like her Filmation character. The first Adora toy was also the original She-Ra - she's actually packaged with her mask in 'Adora' mode - her action feature is that you have fiddle with her clothes and turn her mask upside down to make her She-Ra. She was a Transformer.
    Thanks for the input. I can change the Adora description if everyone thinks it is worthwhile? (I will make sure I mention it in my review )

All input and corrections are welcomed and appreciated

I have updated it with some more general information about ordering, etc. If there is anything more anyone can think to add then please let me know

Ah good to know, Ive been having problems locating the 200x in ebay, as when I put in MOTU it always givers me a list more of the oldoldold figures or the classics instead... met hinks I shall put 200x series to see if I get the specific figs in the list I wanted.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks for the input. I can change the Adora description if everyone thinks it is worthwhile? (I will make sure I mention it in my review )
    The reason I think it's important is that it says on numerous points on the original She-Ra/Adora's packaging that the toy is Princess Adora and turns into She-Ra. It's also the exact likeness of Adora in the minicomics. To say that there's never been an Adora toy before this one (as has been often claimed of the MOTUC version) is extremely cartoon-centric - it's like saying "Rumble is blue" - it completely disregards the toys and the comics.

The reason I think it's important is that it says on numerous points on the original She-Ra/Adora's packaging that the toy is Princess Adora and turns into She-Ra. It's also the exact likeness of Adora in the minicomics. To say that there's never been an Adora toy before this one (as has been often claimed of the MOTUC version) is extremely cartoon-centric - it's like saying "Rumble is blue" - it completely disregards the toys and the comics.
    That is a fair enough argument. I have changed the description

That is a fair enough argument. I have changed the description
    Cool.

I saw the toy review for Trap Jaw.. awesome back story... do all the minions come with back stories like that? Im only familiar with Two Bads/Stinkor's from the 200x series episode... Im actually thinking of buying the DVD collection for the 200x seires... anyone know if they finished the series properly or was it left hanging? Coz they never did finish airing it back in Phils which is frustrating coz I really liked the art and the stories in the series...with all those backs stories and character development - Evil-Lyn's in particular was very interesting.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]