Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The OTCA fan repaint/remold wish-list thread

Grapple repainted as Hauler. Okay, probably wouldn't work as a regular store release toy, but it'd be a pretty neat exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    Tomahawk as Spinister please (as was speculated when the Tomahawk instructions showed a different head)
    NIce one Pipesqueak, I was thinking of reusing these molds for...

Spinister

Quake

As they'd be a good sorta less than deluxe size and look good as Thunderwing's minions ( being that Thunderwing is such a shorty) they can add 2 minicons each for em to be TM partners so that one doesnt feel gipped of such a small figure being sold as deluxe...

but if they're gonna be doing him using that mold(Tomahawk) that would be awesome as well!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Got a new one (I think): 2012 Legends Megatron remolded into Masterforce Browning.

Megatron Guest

This:

All I want is a taller Thunderwing! It doesn't have a to be a bigger size class, just... bigger.

<blows.dust.off.thread>

Here's my wishlist of redecos based on images of upcoming toys.
    + Generations Arcee repainted as Paradron Medic <---limited exclusive
    + Masterpiece Wheeljack repainted as Masterpiece Slicer <---limited exclusive
    + Masterpiece Bumblebee significantly retooled as MP Cliffjumper. The core robot elements may be the same, but the head and alt mode components would have to be different to represent the Porsche 924.
    + MP Cliffjumper (see above) as MP Hubcap. Simple retool, just change the head and spoiler. Done.
    + MP Bumblebee as MP Bumper. Would have to also be significantly retooled to accomodate new head and Mazda 323 alt mode. <---store/chain exclusive
    + G2 MP Bumblebee and Hubcap. Hey, if it worked for MP Lambor, why not 'Bee and 'Cap? <---limited exclusive?
    + MP Streak in Diaclone colours. This should be the colours for Hasbro's version of this toy IMHO.
    + MP Lambor & Alert as MP Deep Cover and Clamp Down respectively <---limited exclusives (like Tiger Track)
    + MP Ultra Magnus in Diaclone colours <---limited exclusive
    + Generations Arcee as Elita One (retooled head and vehicle parts). They should retool Arcee and Chromia as Moonracer and Firestar (Flamewar... wateva ).

Now for the Gestalts!
    * Menasor in G2 colours
    * Superion in G2 colours. I forget, was G2 FoC Bruticus a TRU exclusive or was it sold in various chains? Anyway, use the same approach.

And if Hasbro decides to go ahead with more Generations Gestalts, I'd like to see...
    * Devastator in G2 colours; yellow as store exclusives, orange as limited event or online exclusive
    * Devastator in Diaclone colours; limited exclusive
    * Defensor as Generations Guard City <---store or limited exclusive

I'm not sure if Hasbro would do G1 style Combaticons in Generations, as they might consider it not feasible since they did FoC Bruticus. But if they did G1 style Bruticus in Generations, then I reckon they should do the G2 colour treatment. I reckon an exclusive Generations Battle Gaia would sell too, either based off the existing FoC set or off a G1 based set.

Well I am hoping we get some Shattered Glass treatment for alot of the new Generations figures.

Come on TFCC give us some more combiners

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Well I am hoping we get some Shattered Glass treatment for alot of the new Generations figures.
    ^Agreed That would especially help Hasbro to milk more money out of Generations Abominus and Computron who otherwise don't have much repaint potential.

I'd also really like to see Generations Nightbeat repainted as Minerva. I know some people might prefer to see Arcee done for this, but I'd rather see the Nightbeat redeco used, as it 'historically' makes more sense since G1 Minerva was just a straight up repaint of Nightbeat. And the Bumblebee mould is fairly androgynous anyway, I think it would still be passable as a female. Yes, it has big shoulders, but so does Minerva (both the toy and G1 show model!). Either the original Universe Inferno or a Generations (combinable) Hot Spot could be redecoed as Generations Hosehead (similar to how Generations Motormaster is going to be a stand alone Optimus Prime Voyager). Generations Brainstorm may be heavily retooled to become Generations Highbrow (similar to the level of retooling done to Generations Sandstorm).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Meantime as "Classics" Time Warrior. Just remould the insignia and repaint.
    I'd buy that. It'd make an excellent piece.

G2 Bruticus was indeed a TRU exclusive here, for $100 IIRC.

As for OP, I'd personally like the Sparkabots to get their own moulds, maybe with a similar spark gimmick used in the jousting AOE bots that is contained within an articulated body. That would be tough to pull off, but I'd like to see it happen.

I'd also like to see Scrapper from Scoop, especially if we only see the 5 other constructicons alive in IDW made into a combiner.
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 27th July 2014 at 06:19 PM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Here's how I'd make the Generations Constructicons:
    + Release all the original 6 Constructicon characters (and try to use all of their original names, or approximate as close as I could if the trademark's lost (no more "Alpha Bravos" )
    + Engineer Hook to be able to form both Devastator's upper torso and right leg. Admittedly this would likely make Hook the most compromised of the Constructicons in terms of engineering, but considering that none of the other Constructicons need to be interchangeable, they should be pretty well designed and hopefully compensate for any of Hook's shortcomings.
    + Release a new Generations Prowl toy based on or inspired by one of his more recent IDW forms. Design this toy to be able to replace Hook as the upper torso/head of Devastator. I would only ever have this Prowl sold separately; if the Constructicons were to be sold as a gift set, I wouldn't include this Prowl. It'd make the overall set more expensive for an additional toy with a niche appeal. For people who really want a Prowlastator, they can go and get this Prowl toy separately.

As for repaint potential - I would seriously consider having this Prowl toy redecoed as Bluestreak and Smokescreen.