Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Hasbro MP Prowl and Sunstorm confirmed?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    But Grimlock is not even available? is sold out? Something I missed?
    I would have gone for sunstorm Layby but I already bought the takara, I wouldn't mind a second grimlock to display in robot form though.
    no you havent missed it. ive been waiting for tru grimlock for months to use in dino mode collection..

TRU GIMLOCK NOT yet available in perth. i rang TRU and they said they wont have stock until 2 weeks

i got TRU prowl last week. though it looks nice... i think its over priced for what it is.

im getting sunstorm once the sale is on.
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's not what some has said, they had said there were 4 In each store last week. Innaloo had them and were sold out. One person here in the forum said they only stock a ridiculously 4 units of grimlock at a time and will need to ask head office to replenish when they are gone. I question the business model and the insane cost of shipping for this procedure as I doubt this is true.

Well if is missed is missed.

If I were in your shoes, I would be calling every TRU in Perth every day until I found one with MP Grimlock in stock. I would then ask them to reserve that toy, then get over there ASAP and pick it up. This is what I did when Hasbro MP10 Optimus Prime came out and I managed to get the toy a day after it was first sighted in Sydney.
    Bonne chance mon ami

Quote Originally Posted by z3r03d View Post
    no you havent missed it. ive been waiting for tru grimlock for months to use in dino mode collection..

TRU GIMLOCK NOT yet available in perth. i rang TRU and they said they wont have stock until 2 weeks

i got TRU prowl last week. though it looks nice... i think its over priced for what it is.

im getting sunstorm once the sale is on.
    It might be as someone else has said, that the first lot have sold out already and they are expecting another pallet in a couple of weeks. I'm just speculating, but based on the amount of units that were supposed to be distributed it seems that not all were sent out to the stores at the same time.

Perhaps if your store isn't able to help you it might be worth contacting the head office? They may be able to provide more information.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    It might be as someone else has said, that the first lot have sold out already and they are expecting another pallet in a couple of weeks. I'm just speculating, but based on the amount of units that were supposed to be distributed it seems that not all were sent out to the stores at the same time.

Perhaps if your store isn't able to help you it might be worth contacting the head office? They may be able to provide more information.
    I already have the Takara MP-8 but i still want this TRU version.

I rang again this afternoon (TRU in Joondalup) and they said the same thing... (stock in 2 weeks).. now i dont really know if this is TRUe or NOT TRUe but i will be ringing every 2nd day and if i get a "Yes" from someone i will go and buy 2 straight away......

then maybe get a sunstorm as well........
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My takara sunstorm arrived today. Nice paint job though wished the flames are more prominent and the decepticon logo is upside down unlike acid storm.

I wished the White was duller and not pure white.
    There is no stand but with cape and crown. IMO the stand would be more meaningful as he was never crowned.
    The plastic looks higher grade than acid storm.

I think this is enough seekers for me, though my hands itch when I see a member here sells his thunder cracker mp on the boards but I have to stop as I needed these two with starscream was enough.

Overall for $145, it isn't too bad, the box was slightly damage but everything else is mint sealed. No complains.