Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreleased Gen2 toys on ebay

Default Unreleased Gen2 toys on ebay

We've been talking about some of these on the ebay listings topic for the last few days, but they are really news-worthy... and with several already listed, there could be more to come.

The seller on ebay says that he is brokering them on behalf of an ex-employee of Hasbro, and is still going through boxes of items... but has noted on TFW that there aren't too many Transformers.

First up, the main event - a complete set of Generation 2 Stunticons, with almost all parts and stickers. (looks like it could be missing the Menasor head)
    Only five days in and already over $11,000.

Next to be listed is a carded Lasercycle Jazz, and a carded Gen2 Breakdown (which 600 were produced for conventions in 1994).

And today, after a tease of photos on TFW, is a listing for the two Autorollers that were only released in Japan during the Beast Wars era - the jet and armoured vehicle ones. These should have been the colours that they would have been in if Hasbro released them in Generation 2. (the Japanese versions were different colours)

If they list up more, we'll add them to this topic for amazement and downloading of their photos for your records.

Stop the presses....
    Another ebay dealer has just started listing some unreleased Generation 2 toys. I recognise some of these photos, so I don't think this person is another ex-employee of Hasbro... I think this is just someone cashing in on the heightened interest in Generation 2 toys at the moment by re-selling their past purchases.

This one ended up not being released during Generation 2, but did get released as RiD Side Swipe - Hasbro 1995 Transformers Prototype Test Shot Autobots Pizza Car Go Bots Figure
    And an unpainted test shot - Hasbro 1995 Transformers Prototype Test Shot Autobots White Car Go Bots Figure

This one also wasn't released during Generation 2, but did get released as RiD Prowl 2 - Hasbro 1995 Transformers Prototype Test Shot Autobots 911 Car Go Bots Figure
    And an unpainted test shot - Hasbro 1995 Transformers Prototype Test Shot Autobots Police Car Go Bots Figure

An unpainted test shot of what ended up being released in RiD as Daytonus - Hasbro 1995 Transformers Prototype Test Shot Autobots Car Go Bots Figure

The recolour of Gen2 Combat Hero Megatron - Hasbro 1995 Transformers Prototype Decepticon Megatron Figure

The recolour of Gen2 Combat Hero Optimus - Hasbro 1995 Transformers Prototype Autobot Optimus Prime Figure

Just listed by the second dealer above, is another Gobots test-shot, that looks like it might be a hand-painted sample, as the black looks a bit rough.

The extra images of the Stunticons on TFW can be seen here. And the two Autorollers.

Autojetter and Autolauncher are pretty in those colours, and the sprued projectiles are a cool touch.

$12000+? More money than sense, and I actually do pity them for wanting to spend that much.

If you've got, why not?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

How much do you guys think the G2 autorollers will go for?
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Yeah, even if I had the money, I wouldn't bite on these.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

More photos of the unreleased Gobots posted up on TFW.

It's like a strange cosmic convergence, with all these old Generation 2 relics showing up at once.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, even if I had the money, I wouldn't bite on these.
    Are you saying that you wouldn't spend the approximate cost of a basic house deposit on individual toys?