View Poll Results: Vertebreak - worth getting?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's mean, lean and... er... yellow! Hells yeah!

4 30.77%
  • Only if still $10

4 30.77%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

2 15.38%
  • Ugly, ugly damn toy!

3 23.08%

Thread: Toy Review - Beast Hunters Vertebreak

Default Toy Review - Beast Hunters Vertebreak

Vertebreak
    Series – TF Prime
    Sub-line – Beast Hunters
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Lazerback
    Wave - 4
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price – Currently $10 at Big W
    Approximate Size – 15cm
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode – Dragon-monster-thing
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Multiple-placement weapons
    Main Colours – Yellow, Orange, Brown
    Main Accessories – Tail Whip, Hyena Cannon

Robot Mode
    Stocky chest and head with longer limbs – looks monster-like. The fangs are a nice touch. What I really like about the figure is that you can either have the cannon in his hand or jutting out over his head, and the tail can stay where it is or become a handheld whip. He is mainly yellow and brown in this form with most of the orange hidden. Good articulation.

Monster Mode
    The head is a little down for my liking, would like if I could point it out straighter, but the jaws opening and closing are cool. Also the cannon can sit flush with his back or sit up in the air. Far more orange in this form and the stripe motif is more evident. Besides the head and tail he has good articulation

Transformation
    It’s kinda weird how everything pulls apart just to get the monster head out, then goes back to where it was and its just a matter of repositioning the way the limbs are angled. Not bad, though when I first did it the brown hinge which has his cannon on one end and his robot head on the other came out and I had a bugger of a time getting it back in.

Overall
    I bypassed the vast majority of the Beast Hunters line as I found all the colour schemes too garish and I prefer vehicles to monsters. However I was pleasantly surprised at how fun I found this toy. Kinda makes me wish I’d grabbed a few more Pred’s back in the day. Definitely worth the $10 he is currently going for in Big W’s around the country .

I think he is very cool, the beast mode head is a bit of a let down but he looks great in robot mode.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera